Buying / Trading 90s skateboard tees / hoodies / crewneck sweatshirts

Dude how many more times do you have to blow that fucking pathetic whistle of yours… I have sold old stuff that I have owned over the years like every other Michael Fabricant has & some more recently also but none of it is stuff I want anymore or wanted to keep & to be honest I’m bored of explaining it to YOU…
YOU are a boring monotone prick who is seemingly jealous of some of the things I own & if you aren’t well then you’ve got a very funny way of showing any kind of appreciation towards the 90s clothing of the skateboarding scene so once again stop poking the bear please & get with the fucking programme.

No need for messaging cheers, I’m not a great conversationalist :wink: It was Scoffs jam in York btw, I had an early 8mm Sony camcorder but I always struggled to buy tapes so a lot of the footage recorded back then was lost over the years.

1 Like

:joy::rofl:

3 Likes

I wish we still had sigs.

2 Likes

yeah neil you boring monotone prick :joy: :rofl: :upside_down_face:

2 Likes

@sweepskate_archive

You first claimed you just wanted to share your archive. Then admitted to selling. Then admitted you want to buy up people’s clothes they may have in their attic. Then failed to contribute to any other topic apart from your own, even after it was suggested by several members of the forum.

I’m simply amazed that you fail to recognise you’re a reseller and the only reason you are here isn’t to share your archive but to buy, sell and trade.

What @buildafire has been doing (admittedly in his own, unique, sledgehammer way) is validating your integrity as a self-styled archivist (which he absolutely is, of skate media & magazines, etc). He and I (and a number of other forumers here) have been gatekeeping and moderating skateboarding forums for a number of years and I as said in an earlier post, we’ve seen it all before.

That’s not to say you aren’t a legitimate reseller. You clearly are and you have some knowledge of your product (I am not doubting that you have some history in skating). What is starting to grate on me is that:

• despite being asked, you have only posted in threads to serve your own benefit
  • you deny you’re only here to buy/sell/trade. Claiming you want to share but, no, you are actually just advertising
  • I would class your posts as getting into ‘spam’ territory
  • you’ve started insulting one of the mods when he’s pulled you up on the ‘archivist’ claims

So, where do we go from here @sweepskate_archive ? I am in a tricky position here as you are posting some interesting stuff which the community is into, but your posts really are getting a bit spammy. I don’t want this thread to turn even more toxic so here is what’s going to happen:

• Your next post will be your last
  • Feel free to make it as long as you like, advertise your Insta, your shopfront, whatever. By all means ask the community here one last time to pm you here or DM you on Insta if they are interested in doing any deals etc
  • Then this thread will get locked.

If anyone has any issue with this then feel free to pm me (bear in mind it’s Friday, I am itching for a skate (those Thunder Hollow Lites have just turned up) and have to take wife out for dinner later so my reply might take a while).

4 Likes

Alternatively, people could just choose to ignore the post?

1 Like

What I don’t get is that he doesn’t seem to have any attachment to any companies. It’s like he just wants to build up a stock pile of, well stock. I know if I started a thread to buy and trade, I’d be asking for specific companies that I personally loved back in the 90s and not just wanting to buy everything and anything.

You are going to end up with a ‘collection’ that means nothing to no-one, including yourself.

1 Like

Yeah you could say the same thing for when Kayleigh used to post

I think I ignored those ones too. They were from the West Country too, right?

I put an ignore on the In The News thread when it got Brexit and Corona heavy. I try not to get drawn in to bickering with people over the internet (but I usually fail).

1 Like

No you don’t.

Ha

3 Likes

@Spanky I’d like it if threads weren’t locked. Clearly other people wanted to post in here.

Build just sniffed him out.

Guy needs to post other shit otherwise he’s purely here to buy/sell/resell off us which I’m not into. I have flogged of shit on N26 not here – but if thats your only contribution then I’m not backing it.

@sweepskate_archive please can you post in other threads, I like this community and want it to grow so personally would like “people to get with programme” … so to speak.

1 Like

Selling a hook ups T-shirt for £100+ is a piss take. Especially when you’re trying to source stuff on here.

Nobody’s going to help you if you do stuff like that.

2 Likes

Hey! You still got the flip shirt on the post?

2 Likes

Yes it’s in my parent’s loft about 1200 miles away

4 Likes

Bahaha dying

Haven’t read the whole thread but we’re you getting shortys hook up bitd or just a fan?

Distro flow

To be fair, Slam were brilliant. I remember Andy Humphreys who was like TM at the time going ‘who do you want to ride for? take your pick’ and I used to ride for whoever I thought was coolest

2 Likes

Still have a soft spot for shortys and keep getting tempted by their new stuff.

Here is a pic of me doing my best Penny impression jumping rocks in the best jumper I ever owned.

2 Likes