Cars

It’s like National Lampoon’s Vacation x Mad Max :joy:

3 Likes

Yeah same as my w124 Mercedes 230te

1 Like

Has it been lifted or were they made like that?

That’s what I don’t get, it’s been lifted as they’re normally on self levelling hydraulics . But the car is only rwd and heavy, so easy to get stuck off road in the mud , you seen how many mercs and BMWs get stuck in the snow every winter .

All looks

Could be a 4Matic. Pretty rare though.

Here’s one that went for a good price last year.

Super rare and would make sense for the imitation station wagon above . I’m guessing there would be more in that region for the long frozen winters

I found the Facebook page of the place that seems to have customised it, going by the sticker: Log in to Facebook | Facebook

I love this S-Class!

1 Like

Ooh, Lada :heart_eyes:

2 Likes

The W140 saloons are so nice . Still pretty cheap for such a big luxurious motor. Have a feeling they’re gonna be sought after in the next 10 years

1 Like

There’s a lot going on there….

OOh la la da?

I Should be focussed for that one…

1 Like

Took a while to digest that one. Will let it go…

This time. :slight_smile:

I managed to sort out the fuel pipe sit on the Mk2 and for once on doing a job involving maintenance, everything went well and fingers crossed I don’t need to worry about fuel pipes again. I’m looking to tackle the pipes under the car and to/from the tank at a later date;

Pardon the crust. I really need to invest some time into sorting out bits here. It is a 30+ year old car, after all.

I also just did a clean + polish on the daily, a first in a few years

Really glad to get the Mk2 back at mine in this weather, means I can tackle smaller jobs on my lunch and screen breaks.

1 Like

Splendid. I found the little and (a bit more) often approach helps progress things!

I have that same air filter :slight_smile:

Assuming you mean Mk2 Golf?

Don’t want to be ‘that person’ but I was told (& have read on every T25 group anywhere) that the fuel filter should go under the vehicle rather than in the engine bay incase it touches something hot / melts / causes a fire.

1 Like

Mk2 Fiesta - sorry should’ve expanded more on that.

Yeah I was looking into it and most people with the Mk2s do it from the return, plus my mate’s Mk2 had it in the same place. It can always be moved in the long term, though!

1 Like

Maybe I should have paid more attention to the pic of your daily… :smiley:

1 Like

To be fair I just said Mk2 and posted a close up of my engine bay, funny enough the other pic I had which was more a ‘work in progress’ had the shot of the CVH, so that would’ve helped!

I’ve also got to get a new set of headlights or see if I can fix the current ones, as the chrome has gone due to water ingress.

1 Like

I polished my knackered old chrome headlights using the tin foil and coca cola method. It worked a treat. Just remove the lenses and bulbs and polish them in situ. Depends how far gone yours are but worth a try for a cheap fix.

2 Likes

That’s more of a filter you fit at the end of the fuel line. I’d suggest something like an injection filter post tank pre pump and then use that secondary as a visual indicator