Cars

Finally pulled my finger out and ordered all the panels needed for the Mk2 Fezz to get sorted. Proper.

Just need them to turn up and I can take it to matey to get it all welded and repainted. The good stuff.

I also found out the window seals on each side of the doors has basically perished, the surviving parts are really dry and brittle - luckily Burtons carry these new.

Happy days.

6 Likes

Those AMG CLAs are pretty awesome. Bet you can get fuck all in the boot even though it’s an estate

What colour you getting?

Got an X1, seems good so far. Thought I’d filled the tank, just about, but nope, that was half. Need to get used to that now.

1 Like

I remember my dad bought this fucking awful YELLOW 3k Rolls Royce from another car dealer to ‘tick a box’. Went to fill it up and he thought there was something wrong with the nozzle as it was making a weird noise but no, he’d hit the limit on the pump and had to go to another pump to finish filling it up. 130 quid or something for a full tank, about 15 years ago. Mental.

3 Likes

Jeeeeesus Mick.

My sister works at a Jag/Land Rover garage and her boyfriend has just taken delivery of an absolutely murdered out new Defender 110 she sold him at mate’s rates and it looks like he’s given up his business installing fire suppression systems and started a new line of work selling charlie. One of the biggest shows of absence of taste I’ve seen since he got rid of his bright blue Range Rover SVR.

2 Likes

Was there room in the carpark to immediately start donuting before screeching away?

I’m sure when you go and collect they have your car on a sort of massive lazy susan, and you drive out of a garage door with laser lights and shit, I’ll see if I can find footage of it.

Edit: here’s an absolutely wince-inducing video advertising the (admittedly awesome) Jag I-Pace featuring said lazy susan

I can’t find anything more than this, but this is a video of a dude collecting his Range Rover, and the garage door he drives out of is where they do the turntable, and they have lights and music fucking about when you walk in to pick it up. I’m sure it’s a wicked experience but it feels so crass.

1 Like

Weapon. Love a fast wagon.

1 Like

I just got a brand new range rover and I showed my ID and the keys were in the car which I just drove off without any fan fare.

The Michael Fabricants wouldn’t even give me a free lego defender (which admittedly they were selling for £200)

1 Like

Anything like that is incredibly cringey. Ok if you’re the type of person who takes photos of your shopping bags and bought your teeth in Turkey but for most people it’s just embarassing.

Enjoy the car!

2 Likes

Fucking mate, you got an Arsenal of motors now! :muscle:t3:

Then as soon as you’re away round the corner from the dealership you have to park it up and try to figure out the lights/wipers and music anyway.

2 Likes

Innit, I’d just want the keys and to fuck off. It’s a business transaction not a segment of Love Island.

1 Like

Fucking rad. Jel.

But we’ll see when I get an RS6 who can have the best shotters dadwagon

2 Likes

I’m gonna feel pretty inadequate posting my first car, please post some of your bangers!

My gran’s 1989 Nissan Micra. Silver. Only 1 door mirror (from factory). Also AM/FM radio only.

Drove it to death and sold it to Brent from Slam, who ended up dumping it on the Westway :+1:

I remember when my mum got a car with a wing mirror. Blew my fucking mind. Felt like James Bond in that thing.

Bingo told me a pretty amusing Nissan Micra story once, as we both had them at the time (mine was a B reg, first ever car thing). He was driving home and clocked a Micra coming the opposite way, same colour, same year, even the same number plate, haha. Turns out he’d bought a cloned car, so he quickly bought a honda civic’s after that, which was the car of choice for most America pros in the 90s iirc?

1 Like

Big Brother even did a feature on the phenomenon.

2 Likes

Nice!

I tried to get my dad to buy one of the classic joke Skoda’s and we looked in local showroom. I was so used to gig vans that I couldn’t believe you could put the back seats down and climb into the boot in these Skoda’s. My Dad wasn’t cool but i’m pretty sure he said that we shouldn’t get one because people are starting to tell jokes about them.