Cars

When I had my Delica I had to get some advice and ended up on a Delica owners forum. Man there was full on beef between Delica and Bongo owners :joy:.

The Bongo was given a US release and they had to change the daft name. It ended up becoming the Ford Freda.

1 Like

All this talk of vans got me hyped to buy one, always dreamed of it but I can’t justify it. Mrs loves camping though, so I took her to the pub and managed to convince her to let me upgrade the xc40 to a 60 so we can fit a bed in the back with the seats flat, and an awning from the roof bars.

Maybe one of these badboys, have a feeling that inflatable isn’t the best idea though.

2 Likes

Why not get a van instead of a 4x4?

1 Like

We’ve had an inflatable tent for a few years now and it’s been fucking brilliant. Family size and it takes me ten miutes to fully pitch with no help, rock solid in winds. Wouldn’t go back to weaving those fucking bendy poles about. When I get an awning for the van it’ll definitely be inflatable.

3 Likes

Mostly because I’ve become a full on Volvo fanboy since these new lines came out. But also because we both just like cars, I’d be stoked with a van but can see why she’d prefer a nice comfy SUV as a daily. Especially if I drop her off somewhere, bit funny getting all dolled up then dropped off in a converted panel van haha

2 Likes

Fair enough yeah if it’s for both of you. I get you.

All the best people about town drive converted panel vans now.

2 Likes

Preaching to the choir here :man_shrugging:

Good to know, thanks!

YouTube suggested I watch this over weekend (so I did) which made me think of this thread atm…

…and a follow up.

Spotted this evening

6 Likes

Double post, dont care.

1 Like

I like the pick-up ones:

1 Like

Everyone loves a pick up.

Just throwing this one out there - the Mini Clubman Wildgoose.

4 Likes

About to be that guy but it’s not a clubman. Clubmans had the square front and didn’t come out until the 70s in a saloon and estate version. BMW actually own a wild goose mini. A friend of mine has a shop called Craftevan and she tows a mini Glen caravan behind her mini van to shows etc. The caravan was designed to be towed behind a mini

2 Likes

I knew there was a Mini guy on here, just couldn’t remember who. I didn’t know what to call it. I guess it’s probably a Countryman (?). I thought it was a Clubman because my mate had what I think was a Clubman estate in the late 80’s which was like the Mini version of the Morris Traveller. You know, with the wooden trim.

1 Like

I’m enjoying the way this thread is going.
Kate Bush.

5 Likes

Backside noseblunt across the bonnet, nice

1 Like