Cars

I like that they’re actually trying to rethink stuff, they sort of remind me of how Citroen used to be. Definitely the kick up the arse most manufacturers needed when they’ve just been selling people incremental updates to the same old shite they’ve been flogging for decades. That Merc looks nice but I doubt it would even exist yet if not for Tesla.

2 Likes

I’d buy a four seater version of this.

Built in Merthyr Tydfil at the Hoover factory and powered by a washing machine engine.

2 Likes

And all those others failed because they were slow and rubbish so nobody wanted to buy them. Tesla were first to make ones that enough people wanted to buy and there’s an awful lot from their designs that have been copied by the established manufacturers in some cases quite poorly and in others a bit better.

There’s really nothing much about anything new that you can’t argue someone else might have thought of eventually.

1 Like

Electric cars go back further then that. Not large scale production but it was done in the 60s I think.

Making cars for decades though probably does give you an advantage. As you’ll already have large infrastructure, and you’ll know what you’re doing.

Way earlier than that, some of the very first cars back in the 1880s were electric.

3 Likes

Definitely in some respects, on the other hand a big part of their business and expertise is in the production of engines and all those bazillion ancillaries that they need in order to run. It’s a huge change as is becoming apparent.

Look at this fucking mess:

Similar stories with other EVs from e.g. VW too, mostly because they’re legacy manufacturers trying to adapt their production to making EVs.

Love my Tesla, the interior is nice and I see no issues with paint or quality.

It’s the most basic bitch version and is still fast as hell.

Just drove to Devon and back for under £20 and no charge issues.

Correct me if I’m wrong, but I heard they get shipped over to the UK and then they have to be assembled in some yard down in Kent. It might explain some shonk.

1 Like

Ah it is!

Living by the seaside I’ve been inundated the last couple of months with wanky arseholes and their shite cars.
Tons of teslas about and I’ve noticed…
I really don’t like the proportions of the lower body to the roof line. Once I noticed it, I just couldn’t unsee it.
The windscreen is just so big, simultaneously low and high, you can almost see the drivers crotch.
so miss proportioned.
The way the C pillars meet the back is honking too.

< /rant-over >

Yeah I’m really not that into him.

The first time you use the voice command to ‘open butthole’ to open the charge port it’s kind of funny but when the initial amusement of that and other such gadgets wear off it’s just a decent car that runs off electricity.

I wasn’t sold on it’s looks, just the performance and ease of use.

The polestar 2 looks shit in the wild.

One of the Mercedes EQ models is nice, the smaller SUV one.

The Porsche is nice but mega expensive and so is that new Audi performance EV too (not sure the name)

1 Like

Why buy an electric car when you could buy an electric plane?

Cue the music…’Meet George Jetson’…etc

1 Like

I’m not keen on Musk either, but Tesla’s not just him, he didn’t even start it. Besides the actual car designs there’s loads of stuff they’re doing differently in terms of production etc. that just make a lot of sense. And despite their CEO being awful on twitter at least they haven’t killed probably thousands and thousands of people by lying about diesel emissions.

1 Like

That electric plane looks like it doesn’t glide to safety if the battery dies, talk about range anxiety.

1 Like

Helicopters aren’t exactly good at gliding when they run out of fuel either

2 Likes

I love driving my car at the moment. I’m unsure if I’d ever have a manual again. Just need to sort the dent in the boot out, pissing me off. Then wheels.

Iv been driving a slow as fuck car before so this Golf just bangs people when you want.

Watched a those road rage videos it’s helped me haha. Been a lot calmer. Apart from driving home from my mums tonight was knackered and wanted to get home. Roads dead. Had two bottles of beer (normal ones) in 8 hours in a social setting @hugo - needed the sofa and football.

Was somewhat disappointed by the standard audio in my van, the sound would just turn to mush at the slightest provocation. So before throwing much money at the problem I pulled the doors apart and spent the morning adding loads of sound deadening to the door, foam to the back of the door card and also added an extra door seal. Night and day difference, sounds actually decent now and as a bonus the doors no longer have a tinny van like sound when closed.

3 Likes