Cars

Anyone able to page Mick? This is right up his street.

2 Likes

Size of that V12 :cold_sweat:

1 Like

Left my whip at my sisters, stupidly under a tree for a weekend.

An unreal amount of bird shit on the bonnet and grill when I get back. Took it to get washed, didn’t have time to do it myself and the Brian’s jet washed the GTI badge off my grill and fucked the bonnet basically.

There was like 6 of them and 1 of me didn’t really feel like kicking off.

£30 for a new badge. Ordered that today, that was the cheapest even one eBay.

Can add new bonnet to the other bits of body work I want to replace, just really fucking annoying. I don’t have the time because I’m always fucking driving at the moment wah.

1 Like

Its a harsh lesson. £30 a badge isn’t bad, I think mine were about that each.

BITD my mate took his brand new S3 through a car wash (aka ‘scratch and swirl’). He didn’t do it again. I had a brand new Pug 106 in 2002, took it through a washer and it broke my wing mirror off. Bastard. French build quality innit :rage:

The ‘hand wash’ is just as bad. Cloths dropped on the floor, used over hundreds of cars, never washed and then rubbed all over your paintwork. Nice :grimacing::grimacing::grimacing:

Wife bought a 3 year old Cooper S in December. Picked it up and it looked like someone had washed it with a brillo pad. Furious.

No one gives a shit about your car except for you.

TDLR - Get yourself a decent starter kit - two buckets, wash, decontaminate, clay, polish, wax/sealant. Then put some time in, it’ll pay off trust me.

No brian cant touches my families cars except me. I dont give a fuck if it takes 2, 5 or 12 hours.

2 Likes

Just to add - its better to have a dirty car than to have some fuckwit “clean” it for you. I feel your pain.

2 Likes

I’d maybe consider getting a cheap mop (car polisher) from wickes or smth and giving it a once over with t cut or that 3M compound stuff, that’s what we used to do in the trade (except with expensive mop and 3M compound)

Haha thanks @Mike lesson well and truly learnt.

1 Like

Haha, that was a lager and wine induced rant :rofl:

1 Like

I don’t spend much time as I did previously washing my car and have let it go a bit, but definitely agree this is better than paying anyone to do it, not unless the person you take it to is an actual detailer or something.

It’s just finding the time that’s the hard bit really!

I always remember my mate had his wheels painted before and the place must’ve used TFRs, because they basically almost stripped them. He didn’t really let the paint settle, so that’s part of the blame. But I do feel like those places use a lot of nasty stuff, drop cloths and keep using the same water from the one bucket all day and don’t help when it comes to stuff like that!

Just be careful you don’t fall fully down the car detailing rabbit hole and start buying bottles of car shampoo for fifty quid and only using distilled and deionized water for washing in case trace minerals are left behind. It’s an entire hobby for some people.

3 Likes

I would recommend getting 2 buckets though, 1 for wash, 1 for rinse

Aaaaaand here we are

1 Like

Yeah, like this;

New VXR Detail - pic heavy - Corsa Sport - for Vauxhall and Opel Corsa B, Corsa C and Corsa D

1 Like

I am pretty certain that is the guy near me who now owns a massive detailing outfit. He would send you close 100 photos when he did your car and go on about ph levels and all sorts of weird shit that im sure isn’t worth while on an old golf.

Now stores Arabs cars and puts ceramic coating on them etc then delivers them to Hotels in London for them to boot about while in town.

2 Likes

Legendary thread that one :rofl:

There’s a balance for me - two bucket, foam and all that guff but don’t go too overboard. Don’t get a lot of time these days but still like to do a reasonable job when I can.

2 Likes

Decent polish and wax and you are chillin. Not messed with ceramic coatings yet but they seem to be popular

I have never washed my car.

8 Likes

What you driving these days?

I didn’t until I got something I really fucking love.

it’s got a spray paint touchup of a scratch on the side in slightly the wrong shade of grey.

Anyone put their fist through their screen yet?