Cars

Yer basically that really isn’t it.

DC5 in championship white. As they’re getting quite rare now its a bit too obvious and I really feel like I stick out in it hah. It’s a riot to drive though and its always felt like it has a really strong engine. I also had an import DC2 back in the day.

Son is fine thanks, long update for parenting thread when I feel up for it. More as a potential warning for other parents of young kids. Feel like I’ve aged ten years in the last two haha.

3 Likes

Still need to put my mini back together. Maybe if the weather holds out I might get some more done this weekend. Need to borrow a timing light before I can get it out properly

1 Like

6 Likes

Nice :+1:

Cleaned my wife’s Cooper S at lunch and drove my Integra for 20 mins just to warm her through.

1 Like

I wanna see a pic of the Integra!

Couple of randoms, nothing recent though, covered in dust and needs a clean. Some nice comments from ABP when they did some work on her a couple of years back.

8 Likes

Needs some cosmetic work (which can wait tbh) but at 20 years old that’s to be expected.

1 Like

That’s so fucking sick.

1 Like

That’s well fast and furious.

3 Likes

Cheers! It’ll be left in the dust by modern stuff but it’s old school fun so that doesn’t matter.

3 Likes

What’s it running at? Do you know?

Sounds like my mini. It’s fast for a mini at 150hp with something that came with about 40hp but it’s loud, it rattles, no sound deadening, stinks of petrol but its fun! And everyone looks and stares it’s just something you don’t get with other cars

1 Like

Never had it dyno’d but stock they’re supposed to be 220bhp. It’s really strong in VTEC from 5,800rpm through to limiter. Slightly modified but more for handling than speed.

Really expensive to get high power without resorting to supercharging / turbo. Which seems pointless as NA is what I like about it.

2 Likes

Yeah, feels ten times faster than it actually is. Keeps me out of trouble! :smile:

2 Likes

Getting there. Got it back running again today. Just need to refit the radiator check the timing and ignition map. Then maybe I can sort the other issues

2 Likes

Managed to drive my new dad-mobile into a tree stump so spent most of the afternoon using a hair dryer and hot water to reshape the bumper. It’s not perfect but it’ll do.

3 Likes

Do wheel bearings go at similar times? Had one changed last autumn and now a similar noise is coming from the passanger side.

Yes, replaced my merc one year before last and at my last MOT had an advisory for the opposite bearing making noise .

It didn’t help that I took it through some floods , defo sped it up.

1 Like

New ep from 3 weeks ago, don’t think I saw it posted

1 Like