Chad Caruso – Skating across America

Really rate Chad. Solid guy. Kills himself skating. Continually learning / landing new tricks. More power to him. I have no idea how he can skate 50 days in a row, lol.

1 Like

Properly enjoying this, he comes across as a really sound guy that you’d want to not just skate with but go down the pub afterwards too.

I watched loads of vids on his channel the other day, one of his trick tips totally helped and I learnt a new trick the day after. I think this is pretty much the first time a trick tip helped me. And I’m 37. Haha.

Which one was it? Don’t think I’ve ever managed to learn anything from online trick tips. They’re usually more like trick descriptions.

Been really enjoying these loads, really accessible tricks done by a nice dude. Sent him £30 last week so hopefully he’ll have some nice food or night sleep because of it.

yeah loving these vids, sent him some cash last week and will send him a bit more now ive been paid. seems like such a sound guy and his enthusiasm is amazing. especially with the amount of time he must spend in the car alone with no one to get you hyped up for skating for the 25th day in a row after a 6 hour drive and 5 hours sleep.

ill be gutted when he finishes as its one of the videos i look forward to checking out every day.

Yeah, I will need my new trick vid fix. I might have to do a learn a new trick everytime I skate the miniramp but fucked if i’m filming it, no one needs to see that. Pretty much been doing that anyway but it would be cool to consciously get stuff done.

This one:

I watched so many videos last Saturday, I got confused. I watched this one but then learnt fakie frontside pivot stall to fakie, not regular frontside pivot stall to fakie. It definitely helped me and I’m gonna watch his trick tips more, dude can skate tranny and I want to get new moves on the coping.

1 Like

Binged watched while working, the benefits of working from home, eh.
Up to ep10.
Meets some totally sound people and the parks are amazing. The one at Boston looked the best to me so far.
It was funny that he was busting his ass to get his trick before the sun went down only to realise that the park is lit up anyway.

hopefully he gets something out of it as it is a serious endeavour. also hopefully it doesnt end up costing him money.

i mean i dont know how much money he will make from his videos on you tube, ive now idea how that translates from views into money, but his go fund me is at like 6k of 20k.

and seeing as he invested all his savings which he was going to use to start a wheel company, i hope he doesnt end up out of pocket as that would be a real shame as he seems like such a good dude

Episode 1 has around 7,000 views, which is pretty much knack all in terms of YouTube revenue. I think it averages out to something like $20 for 1,000 views. But that probably depends on people watching whole ads / clicking through on them. I’m no expert.

I don’t think he does it for views and YT fame so I guess as long as he can afford to live his simple means he’s happy.

maybe he doesnt do it for views or fame, but under the assumption the 20k figure on the go fund me is the estimated cost of the whole trip with fuel, food, accomodation etc and that the 20k figure was the money he had saved to start his wheel company, he must be hoping to get close to that back in revenue and donations?

i mean no one goes into something like that willing to take say a 10k hit just for the love of making the videos and doing the challenge? or maybe thats just me.
i dont know i just think after all the expenditure and time and effort he deserves to break even at the absolute least

I just don’t think everyone thinks that way. I certainly don’t. I would think that if I was making a trip for 50 days that it would cost me 50 days in petrol, food, accomodation or whatever else etc, that is the cost of doing something/living for 50 days. I wouldn’t be thinking of how can I do this and make my money back. Obviously he is providing content for people to enjoy so he may think that there is a monetary value in that but the value of that may not match the value of the expenditure. He may take a hit on this and be fine about it. He’s getting stuff/holiday/personal journey out of this.
It’s like people who sell stuff second hand, most people nowadays try and make a profit or at least get their money back which is fine if something has become limited or desirable but it should not be the default mindset. The use you have had out of the item should be deducted from the price you paid and then you sell for whatever life you deem is left in the item. If you have had you use out of it, you could pass it on for free, but most people nowadays don’t think like that, it’s a total me mindset.

No beef to you Tel obv, in some cases you have to think like that otherwise you don’t make a living.

No I understand that obviously and I understand that he’s obviously considered the financial implications. I just think with most you tubers who put out a decent amount of content there is obviously so hope to at least make something out of it. I mean most have patreon etc

I just think it would be a shame for such a good series of videos which are clearly a lot of work and a task which is a massive undertaking would end up costing him. There are plenty of shit channels run annoying cunts that do well. I think he just deserves a bit more recognition for it. I’m surprised he doesn’t get more views tbh. And more skaters are not behind it.

He seems to be way down on views compared to other worse skate channels

1 Like

Also if hardly say he’s getting a holiday out of it. Yeah it’s and experience, whatever but spending maybe 1/3 to 1/2 your time travelling plus editing the videos then getting up before 5/6 am every day to travel more constitutes a holiday haha.

No beef also just opinions

Not sure if there’s any real value to it but I’ve been DMing places like nine club and thrasher on Instagram to draw attention to Caruso. Doesn’t take a second but might help if loads of people do it

1 Like

Kinda surprised Jenkem haven’t tried to help him as they’re based in New York and often support the underdogs.

Yeah, he looked pretty knackered in the latest episode (Iowa) but then learnt the dopest trick. What a legend.

Sent him 20 bucks the other day. Will support him again at some point.

We talked about tranny tech on Insta and he’s as nice as you’d imagine.