Chad Caruso – Skating across America

That will be dead in a few years. The ground will have been compacted during construction and roots probably severed. It looks like fresh top soil has been put in post construction, burying the base of the stem which will likely lead to decay. Its also likely that there is no drainage in the big ‘plant pot’ that has been built around it. This is likely to be come saturated in the wet months causing it to drown. Here’s an example on a a bit of a larger scale…

Kids will probably try and set fire to it as well because they’re bastards.

Homeboy didn’t really know what to do the day after he completed his challenge so he went skating and learnt another trick. Hahaha.

I love how even in Hawaii (which I imagine is quite warm) he’s still wearing his black Dickies. At least he’s gone a little native with the shirt!

not sure if i should create a new thread for this

he’s skating across the US over the next few months

1 Like

day 3 is already “this was a BAD idea” :smiley: :smiley:

2 Likes

Fucking hell. Skating up a hill is bad enough for a minute, let alone multiple miles.

And with traffic? Fuck that.

I think he’s seriously underestimated what this will take. I’d be very surprised if he completes this, and imagine he’ll stop due to exhaustion/injury. At the very least he should look at getting some high viz, as it’s lunacy skating on those roads as it is, let alone wearing all black! Kudos, though, for giving it a go!

Reminds me of when Dykey (East/Crayon skateboards filmer) tried to cycle across America. He only made it a few days in before he lost his bag and had a meltdown in some dusty roadside gas station!

It’s a big lonely country.

Barney Page skated from John O’Groats to Land’s End pushing all the way, right?

That’s probably like half of 1 US state!

1 Like

50 miles per day. Fucking hell. As above, the US is one biiiiiiiiigg landmass. Good luck to him.

He seems to be smashing it. Interesting to see what happens when he gets to some wet places.

2 Likes

He said in his IG live recently that he’d skate in the rain. Has plastic bags for his shoes and a coat in his backpack

1 Like

What does this guy do for a living? Can just take 50 days off work and go skating everyday and then 2 months to skate across the country? If money isn’t a worry and he doesn’t have a time limit he can easily skate across the states, even if it takes him a year…

He doesn’t strike me as the kind of person that’s paying a mortgage, so it probably doesn’t matter. :man_shrugging:

So I had vague memories of someone skating across Australia… and his board looked fucking weird.

I assume it was intentional to keep him lower to the ground and reduce the impact of pushing on his body.

Based on his gait in the opening of the latest video, Chad might be suffering a fair bit as a result of a normal board for this endeavour.

2023-03-30 at 9.51 am.2023-03-30 09_53_53

Also, he has no eyebrows.

1 Like

Same here.

I’m enjoying this adventure and really wish him well. I do wish (as @deegwaad has already said) he’d get a hi-viz or something. I feared for his safety a few episodes in when he sat on the shoulder with his back to the traffic, having a snack and applying Vaseline to various places.

Biggest of up’s Mr Caruso.

Same, skipped through and that stood out to me, on those long straight roads it wouldn’t take much for someone to zone out for a second and drift over and flatten him.

I’m sure if it was over here he’d have been stopped and on an episode of Police Camera Action by now.