Classic Sidewalk Forum

Hmm…

yeah, Snail was a kid from Sheff I think, seemed to like to brag about how hard he was. He pissed me off though. He asked for a spot list and directions for Barca so I wrote loads for him then he didn’t say thanks or anything, just never replied after that. Random kid.

Yeah it might be archived.
I’ll have a look

Snail was sound in real life.

Silent Will, Grove a bunch of people had that log in

Got smoked by Silent in that thread multiple.

Don’t go digging up too much shit.

That place made the UK scene seem massive and the Mags obviously. Feels like there isn’t a scene anymore just insta.

3 Likes

I was a lurker then, that was an incredible read. Before Twitter was a thing, before constant online news.

2 Likes

www.cubixsk8.cjb.net

1 Like

absolutely mental to think that i’ve been on here since april 2004

so many fave posters over the years tbh. malanax, ginonix and who was that scotish lad? v arty username?

Rimbaud.

Will pass that on.

4 Likes

just came to me as you said that! always posted good shit

1 Like

Yeah, wow. Lotta history on there. I remember finding it super early - 2002ish - when I was working a three days a week in an office with about an hours work to do each week.

Ended up on there a lot for a while and then focussed my account. I’d started under LondonSk8er because I was away from London and felt quite vocal to friends about this new “textspeak” nonsense.

Then regretted the 8 when I actually got into it.

Cubix was hilarious but had no idea. iFliped was cool - her and her husband would hit me up when in town and we’d go skate. Not heard from her in forever…

I miss Floor Odoriser and Monster Network.

4 Likes

What happened to Weed, the super opinionated 16 year old.

2 Likes

Wasn’t he something to do with Welcome?

Who was at one point in Marvel Comics wielding the Infinity Gauntlet. Powerful username.

Moshaz go bak to bummin vampires n warewolves.

Bumwin threatening to “stab ya wi ma biro” over somebody dissing his Pushead limited edition Dunks. And then he suddenly calmed down and apologised.

Off Ya Rocka (similar to Yella) was more awful bollocks.

Seeing Morph and Jake Harris flex their young filming chops in the late 00s and going on to do something with it.

Blindolliesoftrock was the best too. Always came across well.

6 Likes

I don’t remember them well enough to tell the stories personally, I have the memory of a fish. Was hoping others would fill in the blanks

The Extreme Vampire Rats on Skateboards I do remember - It was an amateur cartoon maker who came to promote the pilot for his kids tv show which was basically a rip off of Bike Mice from Mars. The name tells you all you need to know about it. It was fucking terrible and looked like it was made in MS paint, the animation was so bad nowhere near the quality you’d ever see on TV. Yet he was absolutely convinced it was going to be a hit. He said he’d received positive feedback at the test screenings, not taking into account that a bunch of 5 year olds watching any 5 minute cartoon are probably going to say they liked it. He spent days arguing with everyone about how we didn’t know shit and it was going to be the next big thing. Never went anywhere as you could have guessed.

The pilot has disappeared from the internet sadly, he tried the same thing on Slap though and the thread is still up

No

3 Likes

The Eastbourne scooter park thing was the guy that ran Skaterham IIRC, he came to pitch his new indoor facility he was getting made, but the design was clearly aimed at scooters. We got it out of him that he’d basically based the design off what his child nephew had suggested. When we tried to explain it was a bad idea and that he would be better off considering skaters, he tried to tell us skateboarding was dead and scooter kids are where the money is. After about 100 replies arguing with everyone he deleted all his posts and fucked off. The park was open for less than a year.

3 Likes

Talking of Vampires what was the thread title that made it on to an actual Sidewalk spine? All skater are a bunch of goths that bummed Vampires and Werewolf’s? Before Twilight was a massive thing right?

2 Likes

Ciaran referenced up above.

Moshaz suk go bak to bummin vampirez n werewolves

5 Likes

I was talking to morph about Bumwin the other day. He’s a marine biologist now - posts mad photos/videos from the middle of the sea/oil rigs etc.
That shoe beef was the busiest day ever in the 18 + year history of the old forum.

Morph and Bumwin turned up at War of the Roses Burnley right in the middle of all that - I was so stoked to meet Bumwin (Jamie) and super hyped he had the balls to turn up considering that Powley was one of the organisers of WOTR and it was him that Bumwin was beefing with.
He turned out to be fucking sound and absolutely ripped - got a trick in the edit too.
I’ll try to find it

5 Likes