Concrete Reality (architecture &/or skateboarding)

I think this at Biddick too

There was a nightclub in Middlesborough in the shopping centre and you had to walk through it while closed at night, in the dark almost (really creepy, mannequins in shop windows and shit), then up a two or the three flights of stairs, where you’d opened the doors to an fairly large and always busy student hot spot. The Leo photo of Adam Soddart above for Sidewalk (was it a cover?) was the way you left the club, out of the back door, up those stairs and on to the top of a multi-storey carpark, which you then had to walk through and down to get on to the street! Not sure you could get away with that these days? A load of pissed up students on top of a multi-story at 3am with very little in the way of safety railings, ect! So that photo might look like it’s street level but it’s on top of a multi-story carpark.

5 Likes

That switch heel is so good, that double set is long as fuck and not to be sniffed at for even an Ollie.

1 Like

yeah it is.
gordon skrezka too

1 Like

sniffings the last thing you want to do at that spot unless you want your nostrils flooded with the pungent smell of piss and legal highs.

trying to think of what’s been done down that - ollie, bs 180?, sw heel, 360 flip, bs flip, i wanna say kickflip but i can’t remember who? maybe some other stuff i’m drawing an obvious blank on

1 Like

Is this the same one at 32 mins here?

Urwin nearly lands it but bails the flip. He did that after 5 years of skating :anguished:

3 Likes

yeah same spot, knew i was thinking of the flip from somewhere! cool to see stuff at the shields amphitheater too, heavily underrated spot imo.

1 Like

Yeah that’s it, I was there the day Mike Manzoori filmed it, Urwin was very close on the kickfiip but the surface covering of piss, vomit & whatever else meant it kept sliding out

3 Likes

This account has some amazing photos from Runcorn / Liverpool late 80s / early 90s

Birkenhead Docks…

Liverpool Courts

Echo building

3 Likes
1 Like

Just got these for my birthday.

5 Likes

Half a mile from my house too!!
Woodseats massive represent :slightly_smiling_face:

That Grindrod book is great, interesting chapter about South Bank / Festival Of Britain

1 Like

More power, corruption & lies from our new culture secretary

https://c20society.org.uk/news/c20-director-on-the-demolition-of-the-dorman-long-tower

Photo by Connor Stokes from last night

3 Likes

might have been posted elsewhere…
this is what happens when the architect is a skater:

2 Likes

The actual living space looks like it’s smaller than my first flat. Could probably have put the three-quarterpipe on the ground and get an extra room in there.

2 Likes

Also I reckon the flat-bottom is too long.

1 Like

Someone is getting sliced in half when they fly out and land their torso on the glass. And the glass is getting smashed by a board.

Looks sick though

1 Like

You’ll be limited to carving mostly, fun for 5 minutes. The bit in the middle is only a board length wide and not ideal for lip tricks. Proper coping and a top deck/platform and it’d be much, much better. Like a lot of spots, looks more fun than it is in real life, I bet.

Yeah, looks like it’s built by somebody who’s seen some pictures of some ramps.

1 Like