Concrete Reality (architecture &/or skateboarding)

Really good piece about London’s wealthy extending their houses underground.

“The haves and the have yachts”. Vox is great.

4 Likes

Saw a noel Gallagher thing where he said he’s going to sell all his music rights and buy a massive yaught and call it mega mega white thing. Not sure he’s joking

1 Like

This is good. A few spots in too.

2 Likes

Tony / Kelzo has been posting videos from mid 90s Hulme, Manchester on this account, graffiti-focussed but also a great snapshot of the area before it all got pulled down

Worth a follow if of interest…
https://www.instagram.com/hulmegraffiti/

2 Likes

![image|514x500]

The guy who is probably most well known for designing this instantly recognisable coffee table…

…also designed this.

3 Likes

I think this has been re-issued recently?

1 Like

Sants spot documentary.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=596&v=bpNrTu-dQR8&feature=emb_logo

3 Likes

Went to have a look at the (skate-stopped) Yorkshire Bank building in Halifax today…

7 Likes

Ah yeah I have nothing to add but that I’ve been to Halifax once and spent 5 minutes checking that place out. Awesome in the truer sense of the word. Perhaps I mean awe-some…anyway, anybody know where I can get that Riding Modern Art book posted above from?

2 Likes
3 Likes

I’m old enough to remember getting to skate that pre fences. Insanely good architecture and truly otherworldly spot in its pristine state.

Halifax however is a fucking grim shit hole

2 Likes

was talking to Jack from the Modernist Society about it & he was saying the original interior was amazing, lots of brown furniture & carpets…

not many pics online but found this on the RIBA site

Screenshot 2022-11-29 154007

1 Like

Was there ever any footage from here? Sheffield Town Hall on Arundel Gate, now demolished

2 Likes

Quite niche but features UCLA, Exeter Uni etc…

2 Likes

Goodness from Village Psychic, about EMB-designer Lawrence Halprin & his creations’ impact on skating…

4 Likes

That was excellent -cheers for the link @visuals0und

1 Like

Feedback Ted with a mini spot doc/ breakdown of Embarcadero.

8 Likes

love me some Embarko
Feedback Ted looks like someone i used to work with, who was a total cvnt; therefore guilty by appearance association.
however, his Simon Evans arms while doing ssbsts’s are a redeeming factor

1 Like

Sing to the tune of ‘Bette Davis Eyes’ .

1 Like