Continually updated running thread

Apple Watch?

Might do this too. Is it an app?

Yeah. It’s free. You choose one of four celebs to talk you through each run. When to walk, when to run etc. I had Jo Whiley doing the Cadbury’s Caramel Bunny voice in my ears. It’s at your own pace. Nice way to ease back into running if you’ve not done it for ages.

Who’s the other celebs?

Think you can have Sarah Millican but there are quite a few.

Fucking hell, pass.

2 Likes

Possibility, but I’m nuts deep in the Google ecosystem so I wouldn’t get a lot of the goodness… Plus from what I’ve seen battery life probably wouldn’t be meaty enough (I used to be out riding / walking all day back in the day).

Meet Laura, who got back into running during lockdown. She is one of the virtual coaches you can choose from who will guide you through the nine weeks with tips, hints and motivational advice.

Laura joins comedian Sarah Millican, Radio DJ Jo Whiley, comedian and actor Sanjeev Kohli, and new to the coaching team, Olympic and Commonwealth champion Denise Lewis.

Not the most inspiring list to be fair.

1 Like

Ahh def sanjeev, he’s great in still game.

Denise Lewis also knows what she’s talking about.

Fair point, I managed to miss her!

I’ve done couch to 5k twice, it’s a nice gentle build up. You’re running for time so you dictate the pace. You see a noticeable improvement each week

1 Like

How’s the running going? Has doing the program gotten you into running regularly?

No not really. When I got back onto shift work I wanted to keep it up, but working nights and stuff just throws it out the window.

Hey Running Thread!
I’m running the Great North Run this Sunday for the Ben Raemers Foundation, if anyone wants to donate or share the link on their social media that would be amazing :pray: - here’s the link -

Cheers, Sam

4 Likes

Just donated. Enjoy the run – I wish I could do it too. You will smash it.

You will kill it SPT. Running really well lately. Stay on it!

Garmin Fenix range mate… I picked up a brand new Fenix 5S a few months ago on eBay for £220… 20hrs battery in GPS mode and a million and one features I will never use… I regularly build routes on Strava then send them to the watch so I can use it as a sat nav in the mountains. That feature is amazing.

Thanks a lot man! I’m looking forward to it, never done a big organised run before.

Cheers! Think it’s going to be fun.