Continually updated running thread

I stacked it yesterday on some rocks up a fell. Several minor cuts on my legs, one golf ball sized swelling on my shin and similar on my knee… Ran for another hour but then seized up in the car… I was stoked though as it reminded me of a full days skating ten years ago haha.

2 Likes

1 Like

Oops. Meant that to go in the car thread.

An armed jogger, by the looks of the windscreen.

How are you going?

1 Like

Yesterday I done the first run of week 3. Feeling good, it’s starting to pick up now. I tend to get really nervous before I go, but remember I’m in control and set the pace and stuff.

Not been out for weeks due to a dodgy knee (I did the standard idiot man thing of tweaking it then going running anyway and making it worse, so I’ve been taking it really easy).

It was slow, and I’m fat, but it feels good.

A guy in the year above me at school came 11th in the London marathon at the weekend. That’s about as close to running as I get.

Fuck me I just cannot run in the evening.
Looks like I’ll be forcing myself up in the morning.

See I can’t do the other way round. Really jealous of anyone who can get it done first thing so you can forget about it but I can’t get past the snooze button.

Usually I’m fine in the morning, up and out, but just lately had a case of the ‘cantbefuckeds’.

Is the 10k world record going to be broken in Valentia in the next hour?

I much prefer morning runs, just can’t fit it around littlun so it’s out before tea for me.

Normally we get up at 7 to get daughter ready for school and stuff. On run days I just get up an hour and fifteen earlier. That was I’m not disturbing anyone else. Feel like I don’t get enough time to do things as it is.

1 Like

I’m pretty forutnate to have always worked from home at least a couple of days a week so usually go out at lunchtime.

I did my first half-marathon yesterday in a 1:47. Felt okay but doing an actual marathon can go and get fucked.

8 Likes

Great time for a first go that… Well done!

1 Like

Nice one! I actually found running halfs more difficult than a full marathon. I think it’s harder to pace them.

I don’t know, I suppose I’m just doing this for fun or at least only competing with myself. I was running at an enjoyable pace for me and had enough left to speed up over last few km and not be dying over the line but the thought of doing that and then only being half way is intimidating.

1 Like

This is how it all begins… The seed has now been planted… hehe.

1 Like