Continually updated running thread

Ahhh that’s why you put in ‘your kit’.
I thought that was just for flexing.

2 Likes

im using Nike downshift 9 I think they are, managed to get them in the sale. I’d like to go some where and get my running assessed and then I can get the right shoes rather then just winging it.

I can only think of sweatshop but I’m sure there’s a load of places that do them now. You might be fine if you’re already running in a neutral shoe and not experienced any problems.

Up and Running do an assessment on a treadmill using video for free, if you’ve got one near you

I wouldn’t wear zero drop shoes if you gave me them. All the people I know who have worn them have ended up with tight achillies/calves in the long term and one person with crippling plantar fasciitis. So unless you are as nimble as a yogi I would stay clear or wear them minimally.

Peg 37’s-Dont like mine and I gave worn many pairs of 34’s and 36s which I would have again.

I wear Hoka Rincon and Cliftons as everyday shoes… absolute luxury comfort for my hoofs.

SHAMELESS PLUG ALERT

Anyone with Instagram and likes wearing hats check out @teamvaga

This a new small business local to me owned and run by 3 runners.

1 Like

As far as I’m aware they were meant to be making short edits/profiles of some of their team at various races but obviously most of those got cancelled… I also forgot to mention a small amount from each sale goes to Mind UK.

Urgh, the last 3 or 4 runs have suuuucked.
Just can’t do it, feel like my legs and body have set concrete in them.
I usually start out well l, get a bit rubbish and then magically manage to get in the zone and everything’s great but lately I just can’t get in the zone stall.
As far as I’m aware nothin else has changed.
I’ll keep at it.

I find my legs/lungs/ligaments and tendons all get stronger as three separate groups and at different rates. Like, for a few runs it’s as if my lungs have got stronger and cope fine but my legs are catching up so they’re really achey. Then as you do longer/faster runs my legs are fine but your lungs are burning. Maybe your legs are just getting used to something you’re doing different/more of?

Been stripping the kitchen all day so no time to run decided to brave it this morning and it was really good. Loved it. I guess just needed time off.

3 Likes

Just completed week 5 of couch to 5k. This morning was my longest continuous run, 20mins. Feeling proud has the last time I ran like that was more then 5 years ago. Previous continuous run was 8 mins walk 5 then another 8 on the last run.

7 Likes

It’s been a while (which is how I start a running post every few weeks after not getting out because I’m fucking useless. Or self isolating. Or both) but it was grand to get out for a couple of miles last night. Super slow to start with, then cranked it up and felt much better.

Aching today though.

3 Likes

Oh I went out this morning and was a bit slower and enjoyed myself because of it.

Pay day so got some Pegasus 37.
It’ll at least encourage me to get out more.

3 Likes

Great shoes, I ran in some for most of this year. Just retired them.
Can’t underestimate slow runs.

'nother couple of miles today, and a bit quicker. Keep this up and I might start feeling like a runner instead of a fat lad pretending.

Actually nah, I like having no expectations.

1 Like

Nice one Max - I found making it a routine / habit definitely helped.

Monday & Wednesday with a skate after work on Friday as I finish earlier.

Skate doesn’t always happen - especially winter - so technically I’m more runner than skater.

I find making anything a routine at the moment is impossible, sadly. Was gonna run tonight but bailed because I’m paggered from doing solo parenting all weekend 'cos the Mrs is laid up with an ear infection. Ran Saturday though, and walked about 5 miles with the littlun so it’s not all bad.

1 Like

Feel like I’m monopolising this thread, but fuck it.

Didn’t get out last night cos timings didn’t fit, went out tonight straight after littlun’s bath time. Nearly bailed 'cos I’ve had a full on day, really glad I didn’t.

Bit of fresh cold air cleared my head nicely, and somehow I managed (according to Strava) my fastest mile, two mile and kilometre. Well happy with that.

2 Likes

Excellent work, nearly always get my fastest times when I don’t set out to.

1 Like