Continually Updated YouTube Thread

@Spanky you’d love the above.

1 Like

And he looks like drunk Ches

4 Likes

hahahaha amazing

‘yeah tesco basically pay you’ lol

1 Like

"for the next leg, of his legless adventure’'.

1 Like

He clearly isn’t into trying to play the cool guy game - his sponsors are evidence of that. Plus he seems to be winding down his career to more mellow levels.

So I don’t think it hurts him to make cringey instructional vids. If you’re gonna learn from anyone why not Tom Asta?

I watched a couple when it started but it’s too Braille for me. He does a good job of explaining tricks and showing how he learns stuff though.

1 Like

Watched Tom Astas front tail one (struggling with them again) but I prefer the bloke who does Skate Hacks.

If I was a kid I’d be well into these videos. Far better than what I had which was at best a 411 trick tips video or at worst, a 9 frame sequence of ‘flick, slide, turn shoulders, ride away clean.’

It’s a peak behind the curtain but seeing someone’s process helps make it relatable but also helps you troubleshoot things like bad foot placement etc in real time.

As Jimo says, he seems to have aged out of needing to be a cool guy, and having a streaming/YouTube side hustle feels smart - surprised more skaters of his level aren’t doing the same tbh. Asta is a legit street skater, he’s a much better influence than some of these YouTube only skaters.

2 Likes

It’s the Florida Man equivalent of those videos of people wrecking their cars driving them through fords.

1 Like

Barely any of them are wearing life jackets - including the kids! So fucked up and dangerous on multiple levels!

It’s Florida,
they probably think lifejackets are wOkE

1 Like
1 Like

I love Patrice O Neal

2 Likes

The dental dam one is so funny

1 Like

Only got into Patrice lately, shame he’s gone. I love his live tv and interview appearances, really cuts through the bullshit.
There’s an archive of his appearances on Opie & Anthony on Spotify and YouTube too.
Can’t be bothered figuring how to link stuff, I’ve had a few Stellas

1 Like

Yeah those are great. He was one of a kind

The Rick McCrank Vice abandoned series is well worth watching if you haven’t already:

4 Likes

Funny watching this back now - I’ve maybe seen it once since it originally aired - its kind of mad just how violent it actually is for a prime time tv event, considering this was years before something like MMA entered the mainstream. What’s even more sickening that this is 25 years old now…

Average kids in an average place doing average kid stuff is now documentary material, is it?

1 Like

Made it to 1:44.
I’m good.

1 Like