Covid

I think what he means is that the less gullible people that hear about it the better. We don’t need anymore joining in.

5 Likes

This.

Please let this be true :joy:

https://twitter.com/borisjohnson_mp/status/1307752307631755265?s=21

I think this professor Heneghan probably has the right of it.

1 Like

I would have probably agreeed with that at one point, had I not seen the effects of the virus on people and frankly, I really do not want to risk catching it.

When I still lived with a housemate at the start of lockdown, my then housemate and the family upstairs all got Covid. By the time I moved out which was about 2 months later, she could still barely walk from her room to the kitchen without getting out of breath.

But then on the flip side, living alone and hardly seeing anyone for 4 months isn’t exactly doing wonders for my mental health either

They have been told to tell people they have it, it’s a made up virus!

2 Likes

So are they going to annouce lockdown part two at 11 or what?

@anon90826813 you’re made up.

Well that was underwhelming

8% of people have antibodies :grimacing:

Sheeple

Is there still going to be a Boris announcement tomorrow, or was that it? Just a ‘this is your last chance’ type announcement

Soften 'em with with the science, then go in with the restrictions.

1 Like

Yeah. Pre-Covid hey’d spoken about letting pubs here stay open later, so that people aren’t tanking as much booze as possible in a shorter amount of time. Seems logical, and yet this is the complete opposite of that thinking.

2 Likes

I don’t understand why everyone goes on about Sweden? It’s only the size of London population wise for a country. London has had 6,885 deaths and Sweden has had 5,865 deaths with 88,237 cases. So is it doing that great, really?

No, I didn’t think you were. But just on your point about the virus disproportionately affecting BAME communities, so does lockdown. And in the long run may further contribute to whatever the factors are that means they’re more badly affected by the virus. It’s a mess for sure. I just hope that they are acting in good faith based on the evidence. But I think it’ll end up too political.

1 Like

Isn’t it more that it’s doing much better now having let it ravage the country before?

So it did close all schools for over 16s and Uni’s, banned gatherings of more than 50 people and told people over 70 and in at-risk groups to self-isolate. So it hasn’t just let people get on with it 100%. Kind of took a fifty/fifty approach? I wonder if that’s because a smaller population is easier to mange by the powers that be or even self mange, as citizens can shame others not following the rules?