Covid

One lady asked by a reporter on the news this morning said that she’d queued up for some ‘much needed cushions’.
Who ‘needs’ cushions?

2 Likes

Absolute fucking losers. How is Primark the thing people have been missing so much during this whole time

1 Like

https://twitter.com/bbc5live/status/1272523283435606017?s=20

All they needed to hear was it’s ok from people in charge. “if they think it’s alright then it can’t be that bad”

In reality though, with social distancing, crowded indoor events not happening, other countries not spiking back to pre-lockdown measures after easing restrictions and the fact we’re in summer there is a lot of difference. The virus is still out there and we can in no way return to how we were, but to say nothing has changed since it started isn’t correct.

Can’t really disagree with the sentiment of this article really.

Maybe there won’tbe a second wave after all.

Because we aren’t giving the first wave a chance to die off.

That looks pretty wavy to me

Fair enough doc.

Fuck an Honorary Senior Lecturer in Virology and President of Research-Aid Networks, University of Kent.

You know I didn’t compile that graph myself, right?

1 Like

How many died yesterday? 180 or so? That still seems pretty high to me. I’m glad it’s all going in a positive enough direction but I’d agree with that article really, this isn’t over yet but out government and media seem to be acting as though it is.

I’ve even heard people trying to put pressure on the two metre rule when we all know 1 metre will just be treated as totally back to normal by so many.

That’s it, it’s like “Huh, Covid seems to have gone away as a result of us staying indoors and not breathing over each other. Result! Pint to celebrate?”

Gotta keep behaving until there’s a vaccine, and one that people actually take.

1 Like

what messes with my head is how people just talk like 180 people dying is all chill. 180 people’s lives ended, 180 families and groups of friends are mourning. That’s bonkers to me.
Granted, there are hundreds of people dying everyday regardless of covid 19 and i’m not sure if those figures overlap the covid deaths at all, but still. Messed up. I know there is a word for when humans can’t imagine things past certain high numbers, can’t think of it, but it’s certainly showing in this situ.

2 Likes

There is, I was reading about it the other day. Can’t remember the word though.

So hospital daily figures are up past two days.

This wasn’t managed correctly at the start and if it isn’t now second wave surely.

Fuck it, I have no idea when I’m going back to work – just appreciating the time with my son :slight_smile:

Nah still on trend. Tuesday is usually biggest numbers of the week, Wednesday/Thursday tail off etc.

New cases still dropping

I know its the Mail, but it’s the only one with the clip that I can find.

There it is, 2 metre rule is now down to 1, that’ll be taken as lockdown completely over by so many.

1 Like

I’m worried.

It’s crazy because if you get into it - my wife worked on a bunch of art work based around the theory of proxemics and her work for a while dealt with social, personal and intimate space - that 1m distancing is basically your regular, run of the mill, day to day distancing…

check it:

Personal distance for interactions among good friends

• Close phase – 1.5 to 2.5 feet (46 to 76 cm)
  • Far phase – 2.5 to 4 feet (76 to 122 cm)

In fact, they actually determine what is a closeness is within social distance is (pre-COVID19) and it is greater than 1m

Social distance for interactions among acquaintances

• Close phase – 4 to 7 feet (1.2 to 2.1 m)
  • Far phase – 7 to 12 feet (2.1 to 3.7 m)

So in effect, this 1m rule…is…just…bollocks…