Covid

Like the vaccine stamps we’ve had already but before the internet’s fruitcakes took over

2 Likes

That sounds just like trying to pray the disease away, and it’s as useful as that too.

1 Like

The idea of the Covid passport has never made me feel so gutted to be young and healthy… at least my wife will be able to for a pint! (Young and vaccinated)

once everyone has been offered a vaccine, i really don’t have an issue with vaccine passports tbh.

1 Like

Saves wasting your own time trying to figure out if the person you’re speaking to is an arsehole or not.

Scotland going down to Tier 3 at the end of April, assuming they can keep vaccinating and everybody behaves themselves.

2 Likes

What colour are they going to be? If theyre not blue they can fuck off

5 Likes

Tin foil coated

4 Likes

genuine question, is anyone on here against getting the vaccine? i realise you’d be risking full warwick-ness by admitting it but i’m genuinely interested

I’ll have it squirted into me as soon as possible.

5 Likes

Will vaccination passports be required to access public services? That’s the next big question.

1 Like

I’m having it as soon as I’m offered it.
Honestly I’m totally fir passports fir vaccinated and even more so for international travel. Its not like getting vaccinated to visit some countries is a new thing

4 Likes

Can’t wait for myself and all my family to get it. My mum (65/no health problems) got it before the queen based on the fact she volunteers at the hospital four hours a week. The roll out seems very on point up here. I speak to people all the time who have already had it.

1 Like

You know the worlds in a shit state when you are looking forward to getting an injection haha.

4 Likes

see i know this place is not an accurate cross section of society by any means but i just don’t understand why you’d think any differently. if you want to go to many many countries you have to get vaccinated

people saying that vaxx passports could be a barrier to getting jobs and stuff like that, why is that a bad thing? if i employed people i’d want them to be clean and mentally healthy, not some conspiracy dickhead

7 Likes

When are they looking to do them by?

If it’s happening by the time everyone has been able to get access to a vaccine, I see no issue at all.

It they start tomorrow, and a bunch of old people get one and start flying around and sneezing on people in the pub and generally fucking things up, I’ll be pretty pissed. There could be a whole disenfranchised generation of people who aren’t allowed to work because they’ve been making sacrifices for the granny-elite class so they can go on cruises. And they couldn’t even go to the pub to console themselves…

Doubt it’ll be that way though. I agree with it in principle, so long as it’s fair and everyone who needs a vaccine has had access to one by the time these come about.

I also think if people can’t have the vaccine (I say can’t as opposed to won’t) they should just get the passport. Not another card that could potentially have stigma attached.

2 Likes

If you genuinely can’t have it then fine but can’t because of medical reasons or whatever you can travel yes. But not won’t because you have a Facebook science degree, you can fuck off.

5 Likes

Exactly.

I’m fine with stigmatising woke drama queens who won’t get it because they don’t like it or are scared of needles/microchips etc.

Not fine with people who legitimately can’t have the vaccine being lumped in with those idiots…

Didn’t Bojo commit to everyone getting the vaccine by July? Sounds like a reasonable time to introduce it IMO. Around the time that all the remaining non-essential stuff opens up as well.

2 Likes

Is the July target everyone having their first jab or both? My main worry now is with the first jab offering a decent amount of protection, combined with the natural decrease in transmission due to the improving weather, we’re going to see a very steep drop in death rates (hopefully) before everyone’s completed their vaccinations. I could see that leading to a huge amount of people just not bothering to go back for their second round, or even a lot of younger people who haven’t had it yet just not bothering in the first place.

3 Likes

I think it takes a little while to fully kick in even after your second jab so it’s going to be aaaages until we’ve all had that.

First jab. And yeah I agree.

The other issue is that the jab doesn’t reduce transmission, it protects against the serious symptoms (I think that’s right anyway), so it’s still looking dicey for the younger people who will get it last. Granted theres less risk but it still happens. And a good reason not to open up the travel industry yet.

1 Like