Covid

That has been the exact main thrust of my argument in trying to get through to my vaccine abstainer. I’m hoping that it’s slowly sinking in. I’m giving them the weekend and then I’m going in for another bout of banging my head against the wall.

1 Like

Get them blind drunk and drop them off in Leicester or Bedford . See how they get on .

3 Likes

It’s annoying and surprising in equal measure. They’re not unintelligent. At least on the surface it would appear that way. A couple of degrees, a host of professional qualifications and a grasp of the classics that would give Stephen Fry a run for his money is clearly not a reliable indicator of IQ in this case. I think they might possibly have a well hidden screw loose.

1 Like

Looks like vaccine passports are coming into force in July. So that’ll be fun for them :joy:

3 Likes

Going to make a lot of people double down on the “my freedoms!” excuse/narrative/delusion

2 Likes

When does creeping up become a surge?

1 Like

The same people who will have happily trotted off to the docs for their hep A and B, typhoid, rabies, malaria, polio, diphtheria etc jabs to go on holiday to South America or wherever. But that was MY choice they’ll say. No it bloody wasn’t ! You’d not be allowed to enter the country by law without them, you fuckwits.

5 Likes

Got my second one on Sunday then I’m off for an all day BBQ and piss up with mates.
:crossed_fingers:t2: I can drink the 2nd AZ one off.
Will report back

4 Likes

It was way simpler pre-internet. In order to find something out one would have to visit a library. The advantage that a physical library has over the internet is that librarians will have had the foresight to arrange the books into one of two fundamental categories- fiction or non fiction. That was really helpful when it came to clearing up any uncertainty there may have been over what’s a fact and what’s just some made up bollocks.

3 Likes

Good, i kind of feel like if they wont get it because its the right thing to do they need to make it so they can do absolutely fuck all and HAVE to get it.

Heard states in the US are doing lotteries once you get vaccinated to win $1m because they need to get people jabbed

1 Like

Yeah, $5million in New York.

The first $1m winner of the Ohio Vax-a-Million has just been announced.

1 Like

Apparently some places in the US are giving free beers too.

I got mine yesterday. Starting to feel a little headache and some aches now, but thankfully no fever or anything. After @BDF’s post I’m also feeling like a massive burger to celebrate science.

This was initially lined up for a lazy dinner as I had anticipated feeling crap and not up for cooking:

But fuck that healthy shit. I want some grease!

1 Like

Do it!!!

Is it worth having an “I got vaccinated” thread? Seems to be a lot of what gets posted in here

3 Likes

Good listen this,
Defo answers to the current problems

1 Like

Someone has got to have done a Wuhan, Wu-Tang tee by now right? With the W like a bat. Be crazy if covid did really did escape from there (on purpose). American are looking into it at the minute. Wonder what the repercussions will be if they find evidence China did leak it out into the world?

2 Likes

Well , speculation on reports about that lab back in 2016 being badly run in terms of potential leaks through carelessness and Said the outcome could be an outbreak.
Think that was on rogan podcast with Weinstein a couple of months ago.
Controversially there was WHO and some American funding of the lab too in the time period.

It’s all pretty doge

3 Likes

It seems too much of coincidence that the lab is actually in Wuhan, not nearby, not in a similar area, it’s actually right there and has been studying coronaviruses for years.

3 Likes

I’ve been considering this, in all reality what penalty can they actually apply to China. The US owes them trillions anyway, no one else is going to do shit

4 Likes