Covid

fuck, no. i need activity. there’s that brilliant meditation video by a buddhist monk where he talks about people having a monkey mind - the primal, instinctive part of you. in order to shut up the monkey mind you need to give it something to focus on, I realised that this 100% why i love skateboarding so much - focus the monkey mind, be at peace internally

sitting and doing nothing at all means i need to focus on something like breathing but when that starts going out of whack i naturally panic

ahaha “are you okay” urm yeah “are you okay” urm yeah “are you SURE you’re okay” fuck now i don’t know

1 Like

Second dose in a couple of weeks. Hyped.

4 Likes

All the above!

1 Like

Mine August but Im gonna see if I can squeeze in an earlier one at a drop in centre after 8 weeks

Logged in to check that I’m definitely getting Pfizer again (it doesn’t actually tell you), after being told at the time the first one was Pfizer, and my online thing says I got given Biontech.

What a load of disorganised bullshit.

Biontech is pfizer.

1 Like

Great! That’s good news then.

2 Likes
4 Likes

2 Likes

Quite pleasantly surprised that I didn’t have much in the way of side effects from my 2nd AZ vaccine. The first one knocked me for six, but just some slight aches and a bit of a sore arm this time.

1 Like

Girl at works mum has had both jabs and got a positive test after her son tested positive from school. She’s been in bed quarantined all week. Slightly concerning.

Is she ok? Is the jab meant to stop you testing positive entirely?

You can still get it post jab, it’s just supposed to lessen (to a variable degree) the severity. So if you’re super high risk and catch it post-jab you might get knocked out for a week instead of being hospitalised on oxygen and maybe dying. If you’re reasonably healthy it might just be like a nasty cold and you might not even realise.

There will always be outliers where people suffer worse than they ‘should’ post vaccine, which deniers will cite as proof that it’s ineffective. You can still pass it on too, which is why social distancing is still important even after you’ve been done.

That’s how I understand it anyway.

2 Likes

Wife’s aunt, uncle, cousin and cousin’s-baby have all got it, with full symptoms. The aunt and uncle had had their first jab.

One thing i’ve learned in gambling is that 95% of success sounds good but you wouldn’t ever bet your house on it.

4 Likes

Latest Downing Street leak is that Boris will be changing June 21st to July 19th now…

How many of these ‘leaks’ have their been in the last year? 20 or so?!

2 Likes

Yeah but most of them have been correct so far.

Second jab done.
AZ Doe or Die.
Much less dangerous for my health than the blank faced woman who drove at me the wrong way down the A64 on my way to the vaccine centre. Had to swerve into the hard shoulder :exploding_head:
I came out the centre to sound of sirens heading in that direction so hoping she fucking pulled over before she head on hit somebody

5 Likes