Covid

At least you’ll still be able to visit restaurants :+1:

I can technically do anything I want. The thing I’m most interested in doing is trying lateral flow tests here at home to see if we get the same results.

1 Like

For anyone interested - lateral flow tests showed all negative except the eldest. Wife only showed positive on PCR.

3 Likes

:grimacing:

1 Like

we had 16 positive PCR cases on Monday at my school and that’s just from kids who had symptoms and took a test, I imagine the actual number is higher

3 Likes

According to many people in the comments for my Welsh Gov ads, the government wants to inject an experimental drug into kids in order to kill them.

As a side note this ‘experimental drug’ phrase seems to be everywhere with the morons. Almost like they all flock to the same bit of shit internet to get their medical advice.

2 Likes

A old friend of mine is quite senior in emergency medicine/care within the NHS and has had his vaccine long ago.

I’ll take advice from people like him on the front line, not ignorant dumb fucks on the internet.

3 Likes

There’s a shocking about of medical staff in the US that are anti Vax. It’s totally insane.

Mostly nurses though, haven’t heard about many doctors.

Have a friend that is a nurse and she is anti vax. But ‘she doesn’t shout about it’.
‘Big pharma propaganda’ was her reasoning when I questioned it.

i still don’t understand that why ‘Big Pharma’ would want to kill all their future customers

& what happened to 5G?

1 Like

They calmed down when they could realise they could watch Love Island without it buffering. 5G is fine now.

3 Likes

I listened to a 25/30 minute long call in to Stephen Nolan on five live the other night. Basically his ex wife and his daughter (who was only 32) were in the same hospital 2 beds apart with Covid and died within hours of each other a few days previous.

Only at the end did he reveal they worked together as domiciliary carers who were going into pensioners homes. Both deliberately didn’t get vaccinated.

It was a brutal call.

This phenomenon has got a name* but I can’t remember it now. It’s to do with the way we analyse the effects of risk of taking no action versus the way we analyse risk of taking an active action.

So basically some people would rather take the much higher percentage chance of getting seriously ill or dying from doing nothing rather than doing the active thing and putting themselves at harm from the miniscule risk of getting side effects from the vaccine.

*I think it’s called being a big thickarse but that’s not the technical name.

5 Likes

shockingly high number in the UK too tbf

the insane thing is that you have to have had certain vaccines to work in the NHS. think its MMR and hepatitis or something? those ones are fine though, just not the covid one obviously…

I’m gonna drink some bleach I bought off the internet to try to flush out this polio vaccine I didn’t even ask for.

Partial quote of a new comment on my ad (nothing to do with covid or vaccines btw)

“… an untried, untested, unnecessary toxic compound to be injected with unknown longitudinal safety”

I think he was aiming for long term but tried sounding all smarts.

1 Like

Sounds like a geographer to me. And anti-vaxxers probably navigate by where the moon and stars are anyway. And tell the time using a sundial.

1 Like

Take the vaccine and end up somewhere between the North And South Pole.

Could get lucky and hit Madrid. More likely you’ll wind up in the Sahara, the Atlantic ocean or Antarctica. Don’t do it sheeple.

Celestial and lunar navigation are well above the capabilities of anyone I’ve had dealings with that one could consider to be an antivaxer . The ability to use established facts and basic scientific principles is something those guys are fundamentally lacking.

Besides, the moon isn’t real, the planet is flat… etc, etc…

2 Likes

Do flatearthers think other planets are flat too? How do they account for being able to see other planets through telescopes? If those planets are also flat it would mean that they’re at a 90 degree angle to our plant, as by their logic, we’d be seeing either the topside or underside of said flat planet…

5 Likes

Stop with this unacceptable use of logic. That won’t get you anywhere with the flerfers or the antivax crew either :wink:

I’m far from an expert on what those fuckwits think about things. You could boggle your mind by listening to some of their nonsense here, (where obviously it gets righteously debunked) - https://m.youtube.com/c/SciManDan