Covid

On the other hand…

Funny that demographic, gear snorting tradesmen probably tanked up too . Happily ingest building material dust and fumes but don’t put anything else in their body please god!

1 Like

Unfortunately seems to have turned into a political issue in the US whereas here antivaxxers are a small but vocal minority with nothing much else in common except profound stupidity.

And some of them wearing masks too. Make your fucking (tiny) minds up you bunch of Contrary Marys

This guy I work with nearly died after his first dose of AZ, he had crazy heart palpitations and stuff. Saw him taking a bad turn on a zoom call and he was in hospital for a while. He ended up being one of the first to have a mixed dose. Gave him mega props having the guts to go back for more after that experience, pretty gnarly.

I’ve had both vaccines but I have a feeling there must be severe side effects that haven’t been thoroughly tested for. I know someone who died earlier this year 1 month after taking his 2nd Pfizer vaccine. He had a heart attack. I’d know him for 5 years and he never had any cardiac issues in that time.

However, the side effects are very rare so I’m not sure I understand a lot of the anti-vaxxers’ logic especially if they’re in an at risk category.

Why would you even write this?

Do you know how many people die of heart attacks with no previous issues?

You aren’t a doctor or scientist so you should stop spreading misinformation or writing ‘I have a feeling’ regarding ‘severe’ side effects.

FFS.

5 Likes

Ok. Is it spreading misinformation? I wrote that there must be other side effects that may need to be looked into. My friend was 33 and worked on a cardiology unit at a hospital. All I was saying was that it was highly unusual and there’s no clear explanation for why it happened. He may have had an underlying heart condition and it could have been pure coincidence also.

Also I am writing this as someone who has had both vaccines. So I am no anti-vaxxer

Really? How do YOU know that? Are you guessing? Do you have a feeling?

You can have both vaccines and still be an idiot.

I’m not saying you’re Nicki Minaj but….you’re not a million miles off.

1 Like

I’m not the one calling someone an idiot on the internet

I’m not sure what point that makes but it is at least true.

3 Likes

@sotonjon it’s not helpful though is it. Putting two and two together and getting five is what the antivaxx/conspiracy people do. Any whiff of misinformation that can aid their cause is pounced upon immediately and its impossible to counter because they dont respond to logic or common sense

We had a “side effects” argument here a few weeks ago. We don’t need it again

At the risk of reopening a massive can of worms, I must admit the wife’s menstrual cycle has been absolutely batty since she had her 2nd jab. It’s gone from being super inconsistent, usually 5-6 weeks between cycles, sometimes up to 8 weeks. Now it’s 3 weeks like clockwork and really painful for her.

I knew someone that bought a secondhand car and then 21 months later it broke down so secondhand cars must be shit

11 Likes

Don’t bring cars into it! My mum had a car and now she’s dead. Says it all.

4 Likes

Well that’s sort of what I was getting at. They rolled it out really quickly and there may be some side effects which they haven’t thoroughly tested for. I still think the benefits of taking the vaccine outweigh the risks.

My mums star sign was cancer and I don’t think it’s any coincidence how she died, getting eaten by a giant crab.

9 Likes

Urgh.

No they didnt. They really really really didnt

4 Likes

It went through all the necessary tests to get a vaccine out. Normally takes longer because the funding and infrastructure constraints usually placed on this sort of thing were removed by government will and co-operation between companies and universities. This vaccine is what scientific progress should look like in the medical field. That’s something to be celebrated not feared.

I was just mentioning it because it’s something that’s been brought up here before and the topic of side effects came up

3 Likes

Exactly.

They’re giving it away for free. That cuts out a massive part of making regular vaccines.

2 Likes