Covid

Both my Partner and Son have had positive tests this week.

So far they’ve both had worse colds - hope it stays that way (& away from me).

Might not be that relevant, or maybe it’s well known, but my jabber today told me that if your booster is Pfizer, it’s a full dose, and if you get Moderna it’s half a dose so you’re less like to be side-effected.

2 Likes

The fuck is a jabber?

1 Like

A person who jabs, surely?

1 Like

Ahhhhh I gets you now

3 Likes

Meanwhile anti vax lot….

4 Likes

Anti-Vaxxers be like…

3 Likes

The new excuse I’ve heard lately is that ‘I just haven’t got around to it yet’, guess they don’t fancy the vaccine debate but also know it wouldn’t be a good idea to lie about it. Madness.

2 Likes

Yep, I’ve heard, “I’m not anti-vax, I’m just not sure about this one”, as if they know anything about any other vaccines already.

1 Like

With had flu and booster yesterday.

I have to wait until the 30th but I want it inside me right now damnit :sweat_smile:

Does anyone have a good recommendation for pre-departure PCR tests? I might have to go to Paris in a week or so. I also need one when I get back.

Let me know if you find a good one. Last time I did had to it was like 80 quid, and the goober doing the test kept talking right into my face as he did the test, about how he didn’t need to have the vaccine because he gets tested so often, then tried to sell me his dog.

12 Likes

I used docHq, was about £25 and you get the travel certificate instantly after doing the test over a video call.

Also there’s loads of Randox places around that you can just nip in and pick them up.

Good to have your vaccination pass stored in Apple wallet or something too.

Actually forget that, those were antigen tests. The same companies do PCR testing though

Looks like you can get them done at St Pancras.

My brother in law is “pro-vaccine” yet hasnt got this one for some reason.

Christmas is going to be fun

1 Like

Can you not just go on tbe gov website and get one delivered to you for free? You do the test at home and then put it back in a priority postbox.

Done about 3 in the post. You normally get it in the post the next day and then results the next morning.

Maybe it’s different if you have to fly? Do you have to have it witnessed?

NHS tests don’t count. It has to be from a list of approved private providers.

1 Like

Mask mandate doesn’t seem to be sticking this time. Still shitloads of people in shops without them while last time it came in everyone was on board. Worrying how much the government have lost the public’s co-operation