Covid

Saw some dude kicking off at the security guard in Tesco for asking him to put a mask on yesterday.

1 Like

Everyone in Waitrose fully masked up earlier, obvs.
I’ll pop to Asda tomorrow to see if it’s the same story.

2 Likes

Please do.

2 Likes

Because boozers bring in a lot of revenue. Regardless of what guff government say they are unfortunately prepared to lose lives in hope of keeping the country financially stable. It’s ridiculous though if you have to wear them in shops and on transport then you should be wearing them everywhere indoors.

C.R.E.A.M.

2 Likes

Totally lost the public’s corporation, people are fed up especially when the people making the rules have broken the rules. I for one have carried on wearing a mask indoors even after lockdown/mask ruling was lifted. It ain’t hard to put a mask on.

I see that rationale but I think it’s because lots of people don’t have a choice if they have to go to a shop to buy food etc or if they have to get transport to go to work. But for pubs and hospitality it’s your only personal risk (Disregarding the staff who have to serve you).

1 Like

Oh deffo, don’t think it’s fair but I suppose if there’s a reasoning they’re giving, that’s it.
And I definitely don’t think they’re doing a good job of 1. making the most effective rule, 2. conveying them to the public in the proper way and 3. Doing them at the right time.

1 Like

No side effects from the booster here btw. Felt just as lethargic, sore and irritable as usual today.

8 Likes

Smoking area at the front, unvaxxed area at the back… outside has all the ventilation they’ll need to help slow the spread.

1 Like

Yeah dead arm only for me, very slight headache for an hour this afternoon but nothing bad

1 Like

Random one because you always hear about the opposite but mask usage was basically 100% everywhere I went in Chepstow this weekend (shops and a big garden centre).

I guess you only notice it really when people don’t do it so worth calling out when people are good.

4 Likes

Wait what? FDA wants 55 years to process FOIA request over vaccine data | Reuters

If there was more transparency in the pfizer trial data that was used by the FDA to approve the vaccine, it might reassure those who are vaccine hesitant.

1 Like

Getting a lifetime ban from any kind of social healthcare might get them to be a bit less hesitant too. Or taking their Facebook away.

4 Likes

Has that been suggested? The social care I mean? Damn that would be totally out of order…I’m vaccinated and I think it is our best option but surely that can’t be on the cards? I don’t believe in bullying people into being vaccinated.

Can you stop deriding/bullying someone who you do not agree with. Whether you like it or not, everyone is searching for conformation bias whether you’re for or against something. All of you/us.
Ignoring questions against is as bad as ignoring facts for. We’re all as bad as each other.
I am on the side of pro vaccine absolutely but i’m in no way 100% on trusting any information that is placed in front us right now. Make of that what you will, paint me a tin foil hat but honestly I just think humans are Brian cants.

1 Like

No, it hasn’t.

so we’re on day 8 here of isolation after my mrs and one of our kids tested the positive. Its been a real reminder of just how shit lockdown was. The novelty wore of almost immediately. A very different proposition in the winter

3 Likes

Good point. I’ve had my vaccinations and will get my booster as soon as it’s offered to me but I still want to know of any side effects too and big pharma companies always need to be kept an eye on in my view.

No, paranoid people are searching for confirmation bias that they’re right and the government (who don’t make the vaccines) are wrong.

I’m happy to have my bias confirmed by every scientist and medical professional in the world who’s devoted their lives to the advancement of medicine. If you think it’s “bullying” to suggest that people shouldn’t get their medical advice from Facebook, maybe it really is time for the tin hat you’ve been thinking about.

2 Likes

Whose Jon?