Covid

See the couple of posts above my first one. I was stating in the most simple way that the vaccine timescales were not something that should be linked to side effects which is a massive point that anti vaxxers use for their argument, solidifying that the vaccine should be taken regardless of how fast or what side effects crop up.

But people aren’t. That’s why there are anti vaxxers. The arguments go down rabbit holes and forget simple common sense. Not saying i’m clever enough to remind people about common sense but there you go.

Practicing what you preach dude :wink:

but i’m not arguing against vaxxers, i’m needlessly arguing with you because you misread me. shrugs shoulders

Well, not DNA but genomic information …

Development of COVID-19 vaccines utilizing gene therapy technology | International Immunology | Oxford Academic (oup.com)

Pharmaceutics | Free Full-Text | Opportunities and Challenges in the Delivery of mRNA-Based Vaccines | HTML (mdpi.com)

ditto baby

With all this previously-unacknowledged expertise in genomic research - and in deoxyribonucleic acid - appearing on the internet now, from people who would (on first impression) seem to have no background in medicine whatsoever, it’s a wonder none of these newly-discovered experts are willing to go and help the NHS just now. Maybe even just publish a few reports, because they will get read.

Christmas is a busy time though, obviously.

2 Likes

The second article states:

“However, mRNA is often promulgated on the grounds of the popular opinion that when using mRNA, unlike DNA, the stringent gene-therapy regulations are bypassed because mRNA does not integrate into the host genome. However, in reality, this only holds true in the US since in Europe, any active pharmaceutical ingredient, which contains or consists of a recombinant nucleic acid, used in or administered to human beings, falls under the scope of the regulation for advanced therapy medicinal products. Therefore, mRNA-based therapeutics are categorized as gene therapy.”

Which is what I was referring in the reply to build earlier that ‘vaccines for infectious diseases’ are no longer treated as ‘advanced therapies’ in EU law.

I’m going to Paris on Thursday, just for the day. Just took a fit-to-travel PCR test at St Pancras this morning. Will this test count for the return in the evening as well? I can’t find info anywhere. It’s not within 48 hours of the test, but I guess it counts as within 2 days. The requirement for the pre-travel return test only came in today. Fucking hell what a lot of palaver.

Basically, yes

Actual scientists have worked on it, so I reckon it’s fine and you shouldn’t worry. Where would the worrying stop?

There’s some new Icelandic yoghurt in my fridge, and while I’ve got absolutely no idea how rigorously it’s been tested, I’ll probably have some. Life is too short to worry about these things, and it’s even shorter if you don’t get vaccinated.

2 Likes

This is contrary to what you wrote here…
This paragraph states that the vaccine DOES NOT interact with the patient’s genome.
But in the EU, because of its use of rna IT IS treated like, and tested as the more stringent category of ‘gene therapy’

2 Likes

Sure. That’s fine. I’m concerned about mandates that will do more harm than good. I understand that some people may find what I’m saying inflammatory. I’m not trying to piss people off. Just stating that I have some reservations about the vaccination rollout.

Yes true. So that article that I quoted from was published at the beginning of 2020 before the vaccine trials began. The loophole (page 2)

Commission Directive 2009/120/EC of 14 September 2009 amending Directive 2001/83/EC of the European Parliament and of the Council on the Community code relating to medicinal products for human use as regards advanced therapy medicinal productsText with EEA relevance (europa.eu)

in the EU legislation allowed for mRNA therapies to be re-purposed as vaccines and therefore they are no longer classified as ‘advanced therapies’ or ‘gene therapies’.

Parliament to allow COVID-19 vaccines to be developed more quickly | News | European Parliament (europa.eu)

thanks, I’ll fully check this out later. But that link is about the EU not applying GMO legislation which has nothing to do with vaccines.

…you just added another link, but it just says the same thing as the paragraph you posted earlier

it contains an active substance which contains or consists of a recombinant nucleic acid used in or
administered to human beings with **a view to regulating, repairing, replacing, adding or deleting a genetic
sequence

They used RNA, thats why it would have fallen into the more stringent cat. it’s got nothing to do with genetic sequencing.

2 Likes

Sorry, I added a duplicate link. Should be two separate links

1 Like

They were different links but the info is the same.
It’s important to read more than the title in these things (not a dig)
Miss information spreads easily because people fixate on the scary-sounding words. Wellness marketing has had huge effects on chemophobia and general scaremongering.

Oooh you must introduce me

16 Likes

FFS :cowboy_hat_face:

Getting into POTY season for sure.

3 Likes