Covid

Nailed it.

Were not all total dumbfucks in here, everyone in here knows there’s a certain amount of risk we accept when we go for a jab. It’s just that the risk as we mostly see it is so low as to be basically negligible. Low enough for it to seem very selfish and stupid to refuse it.

Nobody on here has ever said that it’s perfect though.

And let’s face it, it does seem like you are basically just here fishing for validation like a teenage girl on Instagram. I’m choosing to believe that’s all it is, not that you’re actually trying to actively dissuade people from actually getting the jab, which is what a Brian would do.

5 Likes

I don’t think he’s fishing for validation at all, he’s getting constantly hammered by you all. Dude is probably enjoying riling you. God knows this subject gets heated even when we agree.

But yes, absolutely this, Tits is on point with simple outlining on the subject. Be careful though as Mick might say you’re condescending saying you’re not giving credit to us all who naturally think this.

I take that dig back, I posted it before you started to PM me with anger.

So there’s talk of a ‘Plan C’ already!

I reckon Micks got you in a fight so don’t push it :joy::joy:

Morning everyone

9 Likes

Just here for the drama, top work.

3 Likes

Ha, I fucking know that. He’d snap me but that’s not the point.

Morning!

Booster tonight, squirt it in me please!

2 Likes

What does Plan C entail?

5 Likes

Unless you’re the kind of cock who whinges and calls a mask a face-nappy and/or an anti-vaxxer I don’t see what the big deal about plan c would be for most people. Appreciate it’s a ball ache for companies in those sectors but for the vast majority what’s the fucking fuss for?

5 Likes

It’s a bit like the lowest level of the tier system from last year. I think that’s why people are upset about the government’s parties in 2020 because London was supposed to be in the highest tier (and also nobody knows what to believe any more when they make statements on social distancing). Apparently a lot of government MPs are planning to vote against the plan measures next week.

Starmer will vote for it though right?

1 Like

He’d been calling for compulsory masks in indoor spaces and social distancing back in October so probably unless he’s voting out of spite …

if hospital admissions are on the increase its makes sense. Theres a decent amount of first line treatments now from Pfizer with Paxlovid and GSK’s Xevudy to prevent hospitalisation of clinically vulnerable.

If they are not on the increase and Omnicron isnt proving more virulent or dangerous - the nibbling away at what we can and cant do in our personal lives by government is questionable

3 Likes

I think that’s fair. More lockdown has a lot of consequences for employment, business, children, mental health etc. But these measures seem ok…it’s like that in Wales anyway.

Yeh it’s basically a power grab. Notice how he often flouts his own guidance by not wearing masks in crowded spaces such as trains and hospitals. It’s a diversion away from his own track record: flat refurbishments, handing out contracts to mates, Christmas parties etc

So the majority of other countries taking preemptive measures against omicron is not common sense but instead power grabs by their governments so that they can restrict the lives of their citizens in order to…checking notes…fuck up their economies? Huh. Doesn’t sound right

Bring on lockdown, i’m happy to hole up for Chrimbo.
Although i’d prefer to be invisible terrorising each corrupt politician into turning their life around.