Covid

I read a theory yesterday that the mock news conference footage was leaked by an anti lockdown backbencher as they knew that new measures were coming and wanted to undermine them. Interesting thought

2 Likes

That is quite plausible actually

The UK is the 3rd most vaccinated country in the world, after China and America. We are in a better position than most, so hopefully no more long lockdowns anyway. They are killing small businesses, pubs, music venues, ect… it would be nice to have things to do this summer.

1 Like

Coming back to UK this Wednesday with a packed social schedule, sods law some restrictions will come in and I’ll have to just sit in isolation the whole time and just fly back

1 Like

I was supposed to get a ferry to Dublin on the 20th but now have to do a PCR and cant find the dogs pet passport so have to get a fucking animal health cert from the vet for £200 (brexit treat), extra £400 for the pair of us and ferry people wont let us change our booking to go to belfast instead and avoid all that shit.

Booster in me, arm a bit sore so gonna numb the hell out of my life with Heineken and a can of Pineapple Express a little later :beers:

2 Likes

Bit achey today. Arm the worst. All good.

Booster booked for 21st. Hopefully won’t be ruined for Christmas

2 Likes

Keep checking for earlier appointments near you on the app. I’ve cancelled and brought forward mine twice.

2 Likes

Ha, Brian Cant!

3 Likes

Thats the earliest and to be honest Im looking for an excuse to start an argument with my antivax brotherinlaw at Christmas anyway

3 Likes

I’ve had all my covid jabs early because I’m ‘high risk’. With my variety of conditions I never questioned it but after my booster I got an email from the NHS saying I needed a flu jab, as again, I’m high risk. Only difference was this time I had to go through my GP rather than book via NHS. Rang my GP, I’m not on the list, and no, I’m not listed as high risk anywhere. Then I realised they had spelled my name wrong on all the emails
Now I’m worried there’s a man with a name very like mine, who is high risk, who hasn’t had a single jab yet,.,

4 Likes

I had mine and then ruined myself. Wife woke me up at 4.30am. Fell asleep on the sofa.

Not sure how alcohol impacts things but I’m doing alright at the moment, on again. Couple of aches but nothing untoward.

the “i think ive got away with this” in my experience = still pissed. Hangover starts kicking around 4pm the next day. Familiar territory

2 Likes

4 Likes

Announcement from Boris fuckface at 8pm. He’s not going to resign so blatantly fucking Christmas

2 Likes

More diversionary bollocks. Can’t wait

1 Like

The news just said it’s about the booster.

Yep, here we go! Level four people but no new rules needed!?

Anyone else feel like we’re heading into a new year lockdown? Nothing will happen before end of the year as Boris can’t risk cancelling Christmas given his current position and tbh would struggle to get anything past his backbenchers.

But if the threat of this variant is to be believed, and given the complete lack of measures other than trying to get boosters rolled out, it does seem like we’re walking backwards into another shitshow whereby there’ll be no choice