Covid

Right, the majority of people on here have concluded that vaccination is the best course of action by looking at the facts, figures, stats and news as well as bollocks facebook/twitter/ blog posts etc.
This is your chance to stand on your little podium and tell us why we’re wrong.
Every anti-vaxxer I’ve listened to has just spouted a load of bullshit but come on, this is your chance to convince us (or at least me).
If you really think that taking the vaccine is the wrong decision tell your fellow stuntplank Internet friends here why this is so. We’re all ears.

I think sotonjon’s point was he is against vaccine mandates and the people running into issues due to workplace policy that exclude them from certain privileges (or jobs). IIRC he is actually vaccinated.

4 Likes

With mixed messages about natural immunity being better, flu season and the test being rushed and unproven too, to name a other few things they have brought up.

Yeah I am pro vaccine but my brother’s kid had the option to get the vaccine in school and he asked me ‘What should we do?’. I wasn’t as sure of myself then. I’m happy to take the vaccine myself, but making that decision on behalf of someone else, particularly a child, is a whole other ball-game.

I’m not down for the vaccine mandate in the workplace, but making sure all frontline NHS workers are vaccinated seems completely logical. If you won’t get it then being moved off the front line or, if you’re casual/contract staff, not having your contract renewed doesn’t seem unduly harsh to me.

2 Likes

Yeah, but there are mixed messages because there’s no single truth. You can’t just ignore what you don’t like. Natural immunity exists. Flu season is a fact. The vaccine was definitely rushed and was not tested like it would normally be.

On balance I think most people would agree that the vaccine is still the best option. I’d also say the main reason people choose not to have it is because either they really don’t trust authority, or they are more concerned about themselves than about other people.

Don’t do it, they’ll jump you :wink:

Weirdly Mick has ducked out of the forum lately, probably a much needed rest. We all need them.

I don’t find it hard to hold two conflicting viewpoints as valid and to use my intuition and understanding of the information available to choose a preference.

I prefer the vaccine route, but I am pretty tolerant of the opposing viewpoint. Just maybe not if you’re working on an NHS ward looking after critically ill people.

Same, or similar.

I can understand the hesitation purely because we have such a shitshow running things and not just our government, it’s humans in general and it’s these people telling us we HAVE to have this thing, there is a trust thing here.

But however people believe we got into this situation the vaccine is the best option and the right thing to do, across the board and yes, like any vaccine or medical trial there will be reactions and anomalies. It is a shame that these anomalies mean people may die but the alternative is more death. The vaccine is working it’s obvious so why not take it? There won’t be a mass robotic conformity when the 5g masts get turned on.

3 Likes

Watched contagion the other day and had to stop to double check when it was made, it’s weirdly accurate to a point.

6 Likes

I watched that in Lockdown and also had to check the date it was made… Wtf.

1 Like

Ha yeah I watched that literally in week 1 of lockdown, when we were all still calling it “quarantine”. Bad choice

1 Like

I watched it quite a few times at Boris’ numerous garden parties. Was hard to get a good view of the screen behind all the people there. Jolly good fun though.

3 Likes

Going for Booster today. Work is so mental I really don’t want to feel shit.

Wife just did a LFT and got an incredibly faint positive.

Ive got to do one in a minute once Ive finished my lunch and she’s retaking it.

Its our little lad’s 5th birthday party on Saturday so all hell will break loose if we can’t do that

I wonder if some of this explains why there’s seemingly quite a number of skaters who seem to have fallen down the anti-vax rabbit hole.

4 Likes

It’s across the board with these guys:

Nice, balanced, objective view. A rare thing these days :sweat_smile:

Anyone have any experiences they can share of getting back into exercise after covid? I currently have covid but in two days can leave isolation but feeling like I get tired after climbing the stairs. I usually exercise every weekday and want to get back into my routine as soon as I can.

I think there’s a correlation between either having taken loads of drugs, having a god complex, having a huge ego and being a nazi where you think you just don’t need the vaccine.

3 Likes