Covid

“If something happens to me, it’s on me, not someone else,” Slater wrote. “And for people saying listen to the doctors, I’m positive I know more about being healthy than 99% of doctors.” The surfer has no medical qualifications.

I’m not entirely sure it has a great deal to do with being healthy (shrugging here)

3 Likes

Been ill for 5 days. Banging sharp headaches, really bad neck on the right and continually exhausted. Negative test on Sunday. Slept a lot Friday and most of the weekend, tried to work Monday (went to dentist as thought it might be teeth issues/dental abscess, nothing on xray) and sacked work off today. Slept most of the day again. No coughs or anything cold-like. Take a test tomorrow morning and get onto the doctors - I have no idea what the hell is wrong with me.

Everyone else is OK in the house, just me who’s borked!

Gunna jump on this and say that the vaccine appeared rushed and untested, but it has passed every level of certification needed for it to go into circulation. This is what scientific progress looks like when money is no object. All the shackles normally placed on stuff like this coming out are literally a matter of funding and backlog. Fund things as required rather than piecemeal, and prioritise approval, and this is how things would be all the time.

7 Likes

Yeah I get what you’re saying, it’s had everything thrown behind it, but it has been rushed. Obviously there will be no long term trials for example. It’s not the case that everything can be done faster if you just chuck money at it. If that was the case our track and trace system would be perfect.

Looking at the options available you have two main choices - rapid development and deployment of a vaccine VS more extensive lockdowns and the long road to natural immunity.

I think the vaccine route is the best way to get through this without killing the economy, the NHS and support services. It’s the logical option of those two choices, but there’s no reason to pretend it’s perfect.

Exactly. Vaccines for flu, Sars and swine flu all contributed to the knowledge base on the Covid vaccine, so it wasn’t like they were starting from scratch with no plan about what to do and when.

2 Likes

Be cautious. Overdoing it too early can really set you back. Start by just going for a walk and see how you feel after that, then build up gradually. Don’t do a 10k run the day you finish isolation! Two minutes of skipping after my first bout of Covid sent me back to bed for a day.

2 Likes

Cheers lad. This was what I didn’t want to hear but also wanted to hear. Frustrating when you’ve a good rhythm going!

2 Likes

Think I saw Wainwright at the back.

1 Like

Just had my booster delayed by an anti vax mob in Cov.

The guy at 4:01 sounds like Gadget from This is England.

I have it. I tested positive a couple of days ago. I had a mildly tickly throat for one night, and that’s it. I’m still self-isolating to stop my kids catching it, but if this is the worst it gets after being triple vaccinated, it really is no big deal. Can’t understand why Novak is making such a fuss about not being vaccinated.

2 Likes

It’s because he has a god complex, like Joe Rogan and all those other elitist dickheads.

4 Likes

My niece has it and my sister has it (again, not so bad this time though). My Dad (mid-70’s) picks my niece up from school, just hoping he hasn’t caught it! All vaccinated apart from niece so fingers crossed.

1 Like

The kid has just got a faint line on her test. Did the rules change about getting a pcr test now?

You don’t have to get a PCR if you’ve tested positive on a LFT. PCRs are now meant for asymptomatic people.

Really? Is that new? I thought is was still if you were showing symptoms

Sorry I might have got that mixed up. Just checked if you have high temp, cough etc then get a PCR. They’re also saying if you test positive on a LFT you don’t need to do a follow up PCR because the labs were almost reaching their daily limit for tests.

My LFT was negative and I had no symptoms but my PCR came back positive. I only got tested as Mrs had a positive LFT then we both got PCRs

2 Likes

In my experience a faint line is what you get the first day or so. Then it gets stronger over the next few days. First day I thought I was negative, then right at the end of the time a line appeared so faint you could hardly see it. That was about six days ago. Every day since I’ve had a strong line. My daughter is a couple of days ahead of me - her line is super-faint again now

1 Like

https://www.ons.gov.uk/aboutus/transparencyandgovernance/freedomofinformationfoi/covid19deathsandautopsiesfeb2020todec2021

Office for National Statistics: Freedom of Information request for the number of deaths since the beginning of the pandemic with covid-19 as the only cause of mortality on the death certificate.

Another link with no explanation. No preview to what it is. Not clicking it till you tell me why I should?

*They edited their post to this reply. To say what it was about but not why they find it so interesting!?

3 Likes