Covid

Ah fuck off Boris

1 Like

Maybe its my TV.

I’m just stoked nothing changes with my son.

Furlough extended, this is hilarious. I could never have been made redundant or at least for another few months. Meh.

Couldn’t give a fuck about Xmas mate.

1 Like

My mother was made redundant this last week.
She only started that job in February so no redundancy package.

Sorry to hear that mate.

I kept my mouth shut whilst on furlough until after July 9th. (2 year anniversary) Then I started making some noise knowing they had to pay me out after that date.

Hes just said that this lockdown is not as severe as in March.

How is it not?

Schools and some work i suppose.

Exactly. This isn’t March. Not even asking people to shield in high risk groups

5th.
At least I won’t be dragged to a bonfire night.

1 Like

Everybody getting four fewer weeks to do their Christmas shopping won’t affect crowds in December in any way at all, will it?

3 Likes

Shopping in December of any kind is going to be shocking isn’t it, people will be starting now I reckon.

I would think stroke of midnight as we pass into the 5th.

1 Like

Too many “Ah love Christmas me they’re not taking that away” types I reckon.

1 Like

He probably will still be PM at that point, what does he have to do for people to call for him to quit?! People went ape shit over poor PM’s such as May or Brown, how is he getting away with it?

Brown lost an election, May was pushed out by Boris but no-one else wants the job right now, to do that to him, that’s why, it’s a poisoned chalice.

:man_facepalming:
Whilst I totally appreciate everyone’s comments re keeping the schools open and understand the multiple reasons why this is desirable - a ‘lock down’ where schools, unis and colleges are still open is not a ‘lock down’.
Teaching Unions are already pushing for closures to protect staff but also to force the govt’s hand on providing technology and universal WiFi (remember that policy?) in the event of a rota system post ‘lock down’ and to facilitate distance-learning for all going forwards.

Regardless of what happens I’ll be in school anyway as we deal with LAC and the generally vulnerable so this isn’t me be ‘a lazy cunt/teacher dickhead’ personally - just updating you lot on what’s happening within education world.
Fucking shambles.

10 Likes

You should see the parents at the school gates here. Social distancing goes to shit once the kids are let out.

1 Like

Currently, pupils breaking Covid rules is considered a major behaviour issue in most schools but, due to Covid, most schools aren’t allowed to use sanctions like detentions. So kids either break Covid rules and nothing happens or they get sent home for it.
Being a teacher is impossible at the moment.

2 Likes

Respect Ben, Wife in the same boat and we ain’t got it as bad down here

2 Likes

Because he’s using the “spirit of the blitz” that so many people of this country were also in.

1 Like

“So far reaction has been strong, we spoke to Mark van der Eng”

1 Like