Covid

My wife is/was a teacher, it’s the union that I was calling dickheads. The NUT strike over anything and achieve nothing whilst simultaneously managing to not protect teachers well at all over disputes (personal experience)

1 Like

He probably won’t.
Wasn’t he caught bitching about his ‘paltry’ salary as PM recently?
Spring has been earmarked for him to resign.

Update: then again this is Boris, he tells you what he 'won’t do and then does it.

I hope you’re right! I’m not even the most staunch anti-Tory, not by a long shot but I think he should go right now.

@voodoo good point on Brown but May I’m less willing to let go (and I’m no fan of her either), Boris basically shouted her into resigning along with a few others and now he’s proven to be far, far worse and during a crisis. Out!

So we’re on the same page? No?

1 Like

Yeah seems so, my point is more that I’m surprised the public aren’t calling for his head when they have in the past for far less.

I think we live in crazy times where people hate to admit that voting for him was a mistake so they’ll double down no matter what and not care about losing everything, as long as they don’t lose face.

1 Like

He dropped out of the leadership campaign thay May won.
She was just there to be thrown under the bus, as a remain MP that was obviously going to upset the shouty Brexit folks.

1 Like

Aye man, I wasn’t having a go at you.
Apologies if it came across like that.
The NUT doesn’t exist any more but I’ve heard both ok and dreadful things about union representation generally and specifically to the once ascendant NUT so I’m on the same page. A close friend of mine was basically hounded out of the profession after blowing whistles and had a dreadful experience with unions too.

With the above said though - if we are genuinely having a lock down - I can’t see how it makes any sense or will be effective if schools are open - secondary/FE in particular as they are clearly hotspots of transmission.

Fuck knows what the answer is - I’m sick of it all.

4 Likes

Brown, ex-Labour, deputy PM Brown? Eh?

I’m lost now?

He was PM.

By default like John Major that then lost.

1 Like

Think we have our wires crossed.
I wasn’t talking about Brown and see that I didn’t make that very clear.
I assumed that the order of our PMs would have been clear enough.

I’ll do it. Couldn’t be any worse and I’d get some trips to London.

Anybody hear anything about MOT extensions again? got mine on Friday but can’t see if the place is staying open

Boris won’t be in for much longer. I really think that they are using that position to build some decent pensions and nest eggs. Brexit is just a decoupling of rules that stop roving eyes over the many loopholes they will create in order to take anything they want. The country is so visibly corrupt right now, they are almost flaunting it and we can’t/won’t do anything about it. Covid is so convenient for them it keeps us busy while they raid our piggy banks.

Yep, our government had been trying to find a way to run up a £250billion bill right before Brexit, put thousands out of work and destroy industry…

4 Likes

If anything Covid has ruined things for the Tories I’d say, it’s made them spend like a Labour government and (not that anyone could’ve predicted this) it makes the austerity years look even more pointless. It’s also pretty hard to be the party of ‘keeping the economy in order’ during this.

Can we still meet people outside?

More like it’s fully exposed how incompetent and totally under qualified they are for the jobs they hold. If they only had brexit they could have just about blagged it.
Covid has pulled their pants down in the playground in front of everyone.

2 Likes

Well, unfortunately it hasn’t.

1 Like