Documentary thread

They’ve merged the individual episodes into full length docs. I think they Heath one wasn’t on YouTube previously either.

In rewatched the Andy Roy one the other day.

These were the ones when the proper vice channel was launched. Nothing to do with the 20 minute weekly ones that were on YouTube.

It’s a familiar story now but that doesn’t make it any less cool to see. This was rad.
Neetor Judkins and Kenny Reed in Pakistan.

1 Like

Short documentary following photographer Martha Cooper, (Subway Art), hanging out with Berlin based graf crew, 1UP, for her book, ‘’One Week with 1UP’’.

Yeah, it was all filmed during her taking photos for the book that was published last year.

2 Likes
2 Likes

Duke is the fucking man

That the guy in the thumbnail? He’s the best thing in it :smiley:

Yeah. Duke Vin
https://www.independent.co.uk/news/obituaries/duke-vin-soundman-who-brought-sound-systems-to-britain-8336228.html

1 Like

Not watched this yet but looks good, assume from mid 2000s or so?

2 Likes

Winstan Whitter’s excellent Rollin’ Through the Decades, finally available in non-DVD form…

11 Likes

Thank the Lord!

2 Likes

@anonymity gave me a copy of this after one of the Blue dog pub ramp sessions. Was this punishment for something I had done that night?

Feels like a documentary thread post.

Panel starts at about 14.50. Jeremy Henderson, Marc Sinclair, Sheenagh Burdell, John Sablosky, Alex Turnbull, Kadir Guirey, Simon Napper, Ben Liddell and Mark Baker in conversation at the UCL last month. Some very important people who did some very important things.

6 Likes

Video private now?

Alva realised his Swazi talk wasn’t a good look?

4 Likes

Hopefully it will be back up without Alva talking about Alva.

1 Like

It was filmed with three cameras and I think Winstan is editing it up properly now, with a better sound mix. Rather than just from that one camera in the middle. I’ll ask.

1 Like

Fixed that for you

4 Likes