Documentary thread

Same. I know what will be in it.

He’s a cantankerous old git (with some questionable opinions), but he’s our cantankerous old git.

Not my British cantankerous 80’s vert dude, haha… Rocker seemed to get cooler and more chilled with age, whenever we’d see him around and Pete Dossett has always been the nicest guy. I’m not sure what the Goff Documentary is meant to be about, it’s a bad trailer if you come away with more questions than you went in with…

3 Likes

He seems to have stopped wearing Green Flash, disappointing.

2 Likes

I think he used them all up.

2 Likes

The best

2 Likes

Watched this last night. It was a random YT throw up and I thought I’d give it a couple of minutes and then bail on it in order to watch something else. I ended up staying for the duration. It’s intriguing, depressing, disturbing, uplifting and entertaining. Most of the featured desert dwelling odd-uns could have a documentary to themselves.

A YouTube skate documentary that doesn’t have me rolling my eyes and tutting before switching it off is a rare thing.

These two are just over the 10 minute mark each and are enjoyable and reasonably on the money. Some of the delivery is kind of corny but on the whole they’re pretty watchable.

2 Likes

Anyone watched the Leo Baker documentary yet:

Looks interesting but is directed by Reda.

Yeah, I remember that being ‘important’ but can’t remember if it was any good. Interesting he has become a champion of LGBT people in skateboarding.

I think he just makes docs. And you need interesting subjects.
Skateboarding can be kinda limited when it comes to that when trying to talk to a wider audience.
I don’t think he intentionally works this area.

…at a guess.

2 Likes

Watched the Leo doc last night.
Was good, but seemed a bit all over the place and if you didn’t know the story you’d be a bit lost. Worth a watch though.
Did contain Neen mind.

1 Like

The proper way to cook salmon? :wink:

1 Like

Laugh now but if you have that knowledge, you’d be centre stage at the work BBQ today.

3 Likes

I’m sure almost everyone knows already, but just in case any of you don’t, I was referring to Neen’s IG disagreement with a kid about the ‘correct’ way to cook salmon that led to Neen’s entirely misguided suggestion that said kid kill himself. The end result being the usual battering, pardon the pun, on Slap and Neen losing his jazzy leggings sponsor.

4 Likes

I was told the dishwasher is good to steam fish.

I thought you were kidding…but, I had a look and you’re right. I was set on foil pouch cooking some hake fillets for dinner this evening. I’m going to chuck them in the dishwasher instead of the oven and see what happens. Thanks for the tip :+1:

1 Like

And if you use lemon scented washing tablets, its marinated as its steamed.

4 Likes

Came out a few years back.

Muska one pretty good iirc