Don’t lock the Footage thread

Just admit it was a very very weird thing to do and i’ll drop it.

Screen Shot 2020-11-26 at 14.11.30

9 Likes

I don’t think it was a weird thing to do.

First, you tagged AA calling him a cunt (deleted after we talked about it) in a repost on your doesntmeanyoushould insta account. And that was together with some other pretty harsh namecalling in previous posts. You said it was a joke. I felt it was very harsh and did not translate well as a joke (especially with how Americans view the c word). I had even commented to you about it beforehand about namecalling on there but this was a bit much.

Now, you say it’s a joke Insta account. That’s fine, but if you reframe it and it was an account ridiculing race, or women, or calling golfers cunts just because you didn’t like how they play or what they wear, what does it become? This is like Donald Trump level. In some instances yes it can be seen as a joke if you use the right language, but I thought that it weird that you could not see how cruel some of the language you used was.

I stripped you of mod status as I was not comfortable with having you represent this community knowing that you were anonymously unleashing on people on Instagram. As a mod, you should lead by example to the other forumers. How do I know you won’t suddenly start being abusive to one of them without some forethought to how it looks to other people?

As someone that runs this forum (which I spoke to you about before starting), it’s not you that will ultimately be responsible for your actions if you mess up, it’s me.

I’m sure you’ll admit it’s not the first time your knee jerk impulse reactions have got you into a fix. So I’m sorry, but no, I am not currently considering reinstating you as a mod as I do not want to take responsibility for your actions if you are representing this community’s management.

2 Likes

1 Like

Buildafire is a Michael Fabricant on here all the time.

You’ve thought about it way too much. Just tell me you thought it was lame and carry on. That’s a normal thing to do.

And yes, I thought it was lame.

I’ve been posting on this forum and old one for over 15 years and have never unleashed on someone, especially not since being a mod.

You removed me as a mod because you could. No warning, you just did it because you didn’t like something I did elsewhere because my humour didn’t translate.

I deleted the post that you didn’t like on that account which you might have been right about being over the line.

Honestly very very weird that you did it.

I was paying £5 a month for this site whilst trying to keep it tidy where possible, along with the money I spent to try an resurrect the old one before this one.

Cancel culture lol.

Repeated, unanswered, posts starts to look a bit like maybe you ought to take a short break

1 Like

Yeah ok.

We had a full conversation on DMs here before I did it where I told you the reasons why I was going to revoke it. I was hoping it wouldn’t come to it but you obviously couldn’t see anything wrong with what you did.

I never demanded you edit or delete any of your posts to your insta accounts. And you are still having difficulty seeing how it could be seen as being over the line.

I have never guilted anyone (afaik) into paying anything towards the site. And I had nothing to do with you buying the domain or paying for the last forum, you did that off your own back.

It’s got literally nothing to do with here.

If i’m an asshole at work are you going to remove me from here too?

I admitted it may have drawn the line using the C word to try and make something funny.

It’s weird what you did. Admit it.

The other mod on here rips into people all the time.

It’s just embarrassing now, you might as well delete this thread, it’s pointless and i’m sorry for opening my mouth.

Out of interest, apart from Spsnky, who is a mod?

Don’t disagree with any of that jagger.

I consider spanky a good friend, so think it’s weird is all.

1 Like

Me, @buildafire and @anonymity

Who were all mods on N26, right? Anon will remember I think.

I’m shocked and appalled that I’m not a mod on this one. I just assumed I was.

8 Likes

Disgusted tbh.

5 Likes

I think Franc was too?