Election 2019

Yeah, am sure the article has some merit to it, and it’s true that there’s this ‘Corbyn will ruin the economy’ rhetoric that has been about since he was leader.

Was just that the website itself was a bit dodgy.

All websites are dodgy, have motives innit.

It isn’t the greatest news source - it grew out of a left-leaning blog - and often panders to lefties who need a click-bait article to win whatever argument they’ve gotten themselves into.

From their about me:

Today the newspaper is still run largely on a part time, voluntary basis with very few overheads and a low running cost, but has the foundations of a fully-fledged digital publication with a sizeable reach.

We support investigative journalism, which is in alarming decline, using voluntary donations from readers.

I see that as contradictory. Basically anyone can volunteer and be a ‘journalist’ there, they can’t afford a staff of fact checkers, but they’re trying.

The background of the source is not what i’m supporting. I think that if people consider that there is an issue about the defamation of Corbyn then they could form a better opinion in who to vote for.
Corbyn stands for values that could help the people who are voting for Boris/brexit in a direct way but they have been spun by ideas that don’t actually help them personally, like immigration, the billions given to the EU which they’d never benefit from anyway and some weird national pride/independance. They are voting for things that will do way more harm than good and the other solution is being trodden on by the people who benefit.
It’s really fucking simple and blatant.
Corbyn, even if he’s a wishy washy hippie, is our best chance at making a change for everyone. It’s a really selfish vote if you vote tory, you’re basically shutting the door on your bubble and saying “well, i’m doing ok so no need for change”.

1 Like

Totally agree. The smears against Labour are sometimes painfully obvious:

74967131_2379349225520589_309253472266485760_n

1 Like

Stereotyping the Tories as the ‘nasty party’ is as bad as stereotyping Labour as commies. You are doing a pretty good job of contradicting your own advice here.

Have a look at what the parties say in their manifestos, don’t be lazy and rely on what you think you already know. Look at the spending commitments, look at the minimum wage commitments…they’re not at polar ends of a spectrum you know.

We’ve had tens years of Tories, we can see where they’ve spent and not spent the money. They’ve had tens years (almost) to get things fixed, an election is going to magically make it happen? Boris has admitted they’ve ignored and failed the North. So fuck 'em.

2 Likes

I have not said anything about the Tories being a nasty party. I’m sure they will do their job running the country and deal with issues in the way think best but as it stands there are far too many instances that ring alarm bells regarding how certain people in power are conducting thing for personal gain. It’s certainly not just Tories, Labour is full of people in it for the perks and probably other parties too. It’s something that has been let to happen and they are all happy about keeping it as it is. Corbyn is against all this.
As far as parties, i’d say none could make a change, we would carry on regardless as we have been for years no matter who is in power because there are other people in money power pulling at the strings.
This in mind I can’t see how Corbyn can flex any of his ideology but I think it’s worth a try by voting for him personally.

Especially unnecessary when you could you just focus on how incompentent the Tories have been in recent years.

Well yeah, we have a weird situation in this country with devolved Parliaments, seemingly powerful regional Mayors, more MPs and civil servants than ever but no vision to unite the country beyond ‘austerity’ - which I interpret as a vague notion that we should get used to expecting fuck all in return for our taxes.

Politics is broken, Brexit has proven it. I would like to see a much bigger change than just voting Labour in. I’ll probably vote Labour though.

The Tories are the nasty party. We’ve all lived through austerity, we’ve experienced the cuts to council, policing, health, education budgets, we’ve seen the rise in homelessness, we’ve heard the rhetoric about the ‘hostile environment’. This isn’t stereotyping, it’s reality.

Where are all the One Nation Tories now? They’ve left.

4 Likes

One thing I noticex about a fairly large portion of people who hold onto those criticisms of Corbyn, particularly in social media where you can check out a little about people, they tend to be people of a military background, be that past or present.
Oddly keen to cling onto the terrorist sympathiser bull.
Are they mad that he has helped stop them doing some dirty work by aiming for peaceful resolutions?

military types generally have their dicks firmly up the collective tory ass

Channel 4 now or +on catch up. The men behind the leaders . Very interesting and infuriating to see these guys calling the shots :man_facepalming:t2: Cummings and the Russians . Says it all

Generally (I’m ex army BTW) military people do have a hatred for corbyn because he doesn’t support the armed forces and the terriost sympathiser thing. But on the other hand I can’t see them singing the praises of the tories. I have seen some praise for one tory MP I think he’s the MP for Plymouth possibly, he is ex army. So he can speak out language and gets behind us etc.

I don’t know enough about politics I only know what social media tells me. I like the idea of the Labour Party but just think Jeremy corbyn isnt the man for the job.

That’s because the Tories tend to spend more on the military. Where as Labour leaders tend to be CND members. So you can see where the loyalty has built up over the years.

Then there’s the issue of Tony Blair taking us into war in Iraq. A few people on social media bring that into it as well against voting Labour. And dianne Abbott being home Secretary

1 Like

So people in the army were not impressed with a priminister giving them an actual job that they have been training for?
I’m anti forces to degree but appreciate that it’s been a part of our history and arguably necessary to have them because we’ve been cunty to so many other people and would leave us wide open if we didn’t have them.
Don’t get confused with this being anti soldier or the people that give their lives to that cause, that up to them and I respect that. But I can’t get behind an institution that is based upon the murdering of other people. Armies are trained to kill people. Is that a good thing for people to do?
I’m not naive in thinking that we can just get rid and we’ll all live in tipi’s and get high together. Corbyn is the same I think and isn’t a terrorist sympathiser, he just wants to find common ground with all to cease arms.

2 Likes

No killing people is not a good thing for people to do. They should stop doing that right away.

2 Likes