Election 2019

I understand there’s many flaws with it, but it’s ‘one of those’ right? We don’t know what things will be like with a labour government, but we do have a 10 year track record of knowing exactly what we’re getting with the Tories. And it’s not been pleasant.

1 Like

I agree the Tories are fucking terrible. I haven’t looked at Labour’s manifesto yet so I will withold any further comment until I have had a look.

1 Like

You don’t need to look at any manifestos to know who’s hands the NHS is safer in.

2 Likes

The way I see it is that Corbyn’s ideas will benefit the people in a real way. If labour gets in, of course he’ll be muted as fuck but if we see some stuff he stands for then we’ll be infinitely better off than now.
I just don’t understand how normal people are voting Tory just because of some weird national pride/independence, an immigration idea which is basically “send the buggers back” which actually can’t be implemented and some money saving lie.
The tories are out for making the rich more money and that is it.

Labour = higher taxes, more public spending.
Tories = lower taxes, dismantling the welfare state

Guys… The enemy is OVER THERE. Fucking hell. This unfriendly fire is fucking stupid.

Isn’t that just an old stereotype? To me, Tories = total and utter mess of a party that just can’t be allowed to stay in power. I almost don’t care how bad Labour might look as an opposition, they’d actually have to try really hard to be bad in order to get to Tory levels. Maybe people around the country just don’t want to believe that, hence the recent polls, the evidence for me is pretty clear though.

It’s their central ‘values’ (bleh) and still the main point when you get the bollocks out the way

LibDem + Brexit = Tory

I don’t think I could vote for Boris. I get that his intervention in the southbank debacle was really important. It probably saved the site. Even so, look at what he did to London as a whole. It was a different place under Livingston. The way he made Londoners pay for the Olympics but were given no tickets. Made people volunteer for the event and encouraged people to help after the riots. He didn’t address why these started in the first place; the fact that a lot of people were economically excluded from the financial services ‘boom’ but affected by the credit crisis and the recession. Whole communities were effectively evicted from where they had been based for generations. Priced out by yuppies, oligarchs and tourists. For example, look at Brixton compared to how it was, say, 15 years ago. He created a far less equal city and this permeated to the rest of the country. He took the credit for the Olympics, a lot of which was not his doing. He implemented costly vanity projects. He championed culturally conservative values which perpetuated privilege and propagated old-boy networks. He has to be held to account for his record. The idea that he can win a national election on smug rhetoric, archaic English vernacular and tabloid identity politics is obscene

1 Like

He spaffed millions on a bridge that could never be.

2 Likes

SB?

Solid bullshit?

There are plenty stupid enough to lap his words up.

His routemasters cost £50,000 more than standard buses. UK taxpayers have spent roughly £200 million on the bike scheme.

£940 million in vanity projects - Boris Johnson's failed vanity projects as London mayor – video | Politics | The Guardian

Exactly.

And the routemasters still turned out to be equally, if not more poisenous than the traditional diesel bus.

This outlines on how I feel about Corbyn. Glad the idea is being publicised.

https://www.thelondoneconomic.com/opinion/think-corbyn-is-a-danger-to-britain-heres-how-youve-been-brainwashed/12/12/?fbclid=IwAR3ygIMp_I_IDZ__N2FCivcWrGWEROonjEwTDnC6PMubHc6zSSAEU28s-HQ#.Xb2iAylHCmk.facebook

LOL:

By a liberal outfit who had a ‘tory groping scandal’ on the homepage and published by ‘guest contributor’.

Not exactly legit.

I mean the idea that this is what is happening not that their words and opinion are gospel. This is how I felt about the Corbyn situ based on my own findings not because I read it.

No one should ever read something and think "woah that IS the truth without seeing other sides first. As you’ve done, people should think about the leaning and ethics of who is publicising it of course but I think that can also cloud the important key points you can take from any article which of you can form your own opinion.
If you downright dismiss this article based on previous issues and their persuasion then you’re not getting every side of the argument and you are the person they speak about in the article.
But whatever :wink:

1 Like