Equipment Thread

My last set of bones bushings got totally mashup and completely split. Still backing them though.

I got a brand new medium set (yellows, literally skated for about 30 seconds) if anyone wants them.

See I don’t know. I skated the bones bushings for a year or two and in that time I must have gone through at least six or seven sets. I haven’t had to replace the independent bushings at all in the years since

Genuinely, what are we saying the bones bushings do that other bushings don’t?

Instantly skateable. I don’t get that with any other bushing. I ride super loose trucks, new rubbers give me anxiety

i ride fairly loose. i dunno i feel all bushings require one skate to break in, like shoes. i really hate new anything to be fair

the other thing i found with the bones ones were that as they degraded over time i had to adjust the trucks to maintain whatever weird level of looseness/tightness i like

Agree with the ‘instantly skateable’ thing for Bones, well I can say it for the Yellows anyway. Much better turning circle, felt good on the first roll.
I think I also agree with them degrading over time, as just this week I’ve noticed my trucks felt a little bit wobblier. But maybe it’s just this thread making me paranoid. I can’t adjust my trucks as I always grind down the bolts (slight CMOAC but actually it’s because I do nothing apart from 50-50s on curbs, it’s my only trick)

i love that M shape that curb trucks get!

when you grind curbs the truck isn’t flat on the curb, it causes a wear point in the middle of the truck so they get a kind of M shape. i can’t be the only one surely? SURELY?

My front truck gets an ‘M’, the back just goes evenly

ohhhhh i like swapping my trucks around fairly frequently so that they wear even, that might explain

this never used to be an issue when decks were symmetrical

i usually just end up with the typical mini ramp groove down to the axle

1 Like

yeah i never used to swap trucks round but now do it every new board, bit annoying for the first skate but deffo a good shout

30 for the deck then got some nb 617s for cheap also, good day

2 Likes

Fancy grip job.
Will snap quickly.
They always do.
Karma.

1 Like

never really snap boards to be honest but now you’ve put the fear in me lad

Omg how long did that take?? Id end up developing some kind of ocd about which line my foot goes on for specific tricks

@dontcomply Nice one mate!

@nazoreth Makes no difference really. I recently skated shaped boards on which I did quite serious grip jobs (stickers and a drawing) and realized that you don’t think about that while skating, you just skate.

1 Like

See… Once you’re skating, you adjust your feet on your board naturally, without looking at them really. I know where they have to go if I want to do a nollie flip or a half cab.

about an hour give or take, not really that hard to do just a bit time consuming especially cutting in the waves and the griptapes folding in on itself since it’s been bound in a roll. some people think it’s fruitless/a waste of time but for me i feel like if you pay however much for a deck and you’re gonna be skating it for a month, two months etc why not have something you like looking at. heres another heroin one from last year, ended up going back and replacing the blocky parts of grip with more stripes and other shit but i didnt get a pic

I actually proper love that, and I’m not usually a fan of anything other than plain black grip. Tempted to do something for my next deck, though I skate so little beyond cruising at the moment that could be years from now :wink:

1 Like

I love setting up a fresh deck and I don’t mind spending time on a grip job at all. Get a cup of tea or a beer, play a good record and have fun doing that. It’s good for the mood.

1 Like