Equipment Thread

I’ve also heard about people riding blue Bones bushings (hard) and keeping their trucks mad loose.

Ended up going back to all Ace bushings, so far so good. Still tight as fuck though, heheh. Can’t land flatground tricks otherwise, all 3 that I can do.

Same here. The bushings you get with Indys totally work for me. People swear by Bones bushings but why would I fix it if it’s not broken?

2 Likes

i find the indy bushings last forever. never had a problem. i bought a spare just in case and have never needed them

I never really had a problem with Indy bushings, until I noticed that a mate could carve round a certain corner tranny at a certain spot and I couldn’t. We had the same trucks, set at the same looseness (ie. as loose as they go with the bolt still fully on the kingpin), but he had a tighter turning circle. So on his recommendation I tried Bones yellows, and immediately found that I could turn better, without my trucks feeling looser. If that makes sense. I am now a convert.

1 Like

Anyone skated Heroin wheels? At a toss up between those and some Death ones or maybe I should stop being a cheap bastard and buy Rictas or F4s again and slip n slide all over the place

If you don’t want to slide about, I found Bones 100’s to be the ones and they weren’t Spitfire price at 25 or less.

1 Like

Don’t fuck about, get Bones, they last about 3 times as long and stay whiter for longer

2 Likes

Nah I don’t mind the slip n slide of harder wheels, just curious as to how the heroin and death wheels would hold up against those and how well theyd slide. Tried the bones 100s on a spare board and definitely couldn’t skate those.

I love slippy wheels but on the odd occasion you go to a wooden park it is absolute doom. You do a straight line ollie and the board slides all over the shop

2 Likes

I made the mistake of skating a set of those Picture wheels at an indoor. One surfing face plant later and they ended up on the train tracks between Eindhoven and Tillberg

1 Like

I can vouch for death wheels in that case then!

Bones, Formula 4 or OJ Elite/Insane-a-thane are the only true premium wheels as far as I know.

Everything else flat spots and wears out faster.

1 Like

Anyone ever found any difference between stf/spf and formula fours? Been skating spitfires for as long as I remember but happy to try other things occasionally

Yeah they’re pretty different. To put it in terms that make sense to me, Bones have a waxy/plastic feel…formula four are more rubbery. Both are rad though I’d take formula fours for dusty indoor parks and UK street and Bones for Barca/Cali streets and ‘crete.

2 Likes

I’ll second that.
F4s for me, no matter what I’m skating.

1 Like

Ended up getting the 54mm heroin wheels, bit on the slim slide but for a budget wheel at 25 quid they feel super nice. Decent amount of slide but still grip when you need them to, time will tell how well they hold up

https://www.instagram.com/p/B1iu9gkFEsv/?igshid=3vix1iapsea9

Bent axle?
That’s an MOT failure.

3 Likes

FAST are belting, only wheels i’ve bought the past few years

Anyone tried Film trucks yet? I’m looking at getting a new setup and trying to keep the budget down. They’re team seems pretty legit so I’m intrigued.

I’m using some now. They feel a bit taller than the thunders I had previously, but I’m enjoying them now I’m used to them.