Equipment Thread

I just remembered I did a b/s boardslide on someone’s board with rails, and tilted forward like Michael Jackson…it felt better than it looked.

image https://i.pinimg.com/originals/3c/c0/4e/3cc04e83bc420c341b396207c14f7664.jpg

1 Like

Yer they are pretty fun. Mawd slides.

1 Like

Rails are absolutely amazing for rock n roll slides and lipslides on ramps, but really get in the way of boardslides etc on proper street skating. They just catch on any imperfect lumps.

I grew up skating rails, then switched to slicks when they were in. As soons as slicks went out of fashion and rails were no more, my transition skating took a hit. Put some rails on a few years ago which I thought could be a temporary test ride, but I’m now addicted to them again.

+++ EQUIPMENT STATUS +++

Anti Hero 8"+ ??? not sure!
ACE trucks (169 type size)
Car 13 50mm + ?? / Bones SPF Hawk 55mm ish?
Bones Swiss Bearings (only because I was given them!)
Black truck bolts
Skinny rubber riser pads
Doom Sayers rails - nice!

I’m like a MAS shredder who’s not good with measurements!

2 Likes

Quasi Jake Johnson 8.375 (always this width since Bingo told me that was the one)
Independent - whatever is the right size for that width board
Bones soft bushings
Descent truck bolts
Descent 53mm wheels
Bones Swiss 6 Ball (had them for about 15 years now. Cannot recommend them enough)

oh i got some Cortina bearings about 6 months ago.
highly recommended if you like a high piercing screech while you’re trundling to the shops. and then you can’t find out which one/ones it is because it only happens when you skating on them. nonsense.

Just get Powell Swiss and be done with it!?!

Uh-oh, the slippery slope of bearing discussions…

3 Likes

Proper knitting circle bollocks.

Main thing with your gear is that you don’t have to think about it or get distracted by it when you’re skating. As long as it feels nice, that’s all that counts. Board graphic and appropriate griptape job is important too.

1 Like

shall i be really annoying and try to start a griptape discussion as well? maybe best not to annoy the powers that bit anymore :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Who uses Phillips head bolts? The answer should be nobody!

1 Like

i think we had a mini chat about this before.
for griptape if it ain’t black, its wack.
no big logos either.

1 Like

Having Grizzly logo grip, etc on your board automatically makes it look like a £45 complete from Argos.

NACATIN%20Skateboard%20Deck%20Adults%20Kids%20SkateboardComplete%20Board%20with%20ABEC-9%20Bearing%208-layer%2092A%20Hard%20Maple%20Deck31%20x%208%20x%204%20lnches%20load%20440%20lb%20for%20beginners%20and%20professionals%20B079FBTVKZ

1 Like

[quote=“voodoo, post:32, topic:295, full:true”]
Having Grizzly logo grip, etc on your board automatically makes it look like a £45 complete from Argos.[/quote]

Agreed. I feel like grip lines are the only acceptable thing, or griptape art of your own.

Snazzy home-made grip jobs = shortest board life.

1 Like

Griptape drawings are infinitely more interesting than whether somebody prefers a 8.25 or a 8.175 for shove it kickflips, but actual griptape brands? Nope.

It’s weird how it’s only ageing part-timers who are so nit-picky about their boards. I’m the former, just not the latter.

2 Likes

Nah, I have always been really picky with my gear, since a couple of years in of skating. If you can’t kickflip perfectly on a board in 3 tries then it’s wrong.

I use Watson wood (foundation board right now)
Thunders
Bones STF
Reds
es Accel slims

1 Like

Corduroy trousers

2 Likes

OOF yeah, of course

When you get to skate just twice a month, you need every skate to be as good as possible, which explains the nerdery on bearings. etc. Make sure the board is ideal, then it’s all down to you.

seeeee i get how the nerdery can get tiresome, but to me we are all skate rats. i will happily talk at length about any aspect or skateboarding and will devour any information that i can. i’ve been that same way since i first got into skateboarding and i just assume everyone else is the same. hence board widths, wood shops, griptape types etc. i will happily discuss whatever