Equipment Thread

nmb’s are 8 quid posted and they never pop though

:slight_smile:

Yeah but you do.

Bought Reds since they came out I think. I was given some new bearings a couple of times when I needed and they were shite. Independent ones and can’t remember the others.

I recommend round ones.

1 Like

Wider wheels seem to be popular now. Maybe because it’s harder to flatspot when you’re sliding and skibbling around like a loon doing random skids and wall rides, bonks etc
Most wheels have got squarer sides too, better for locking on things straight, i.e. massive kinked rails whereas rounder edges are better for fiddly flip to crooked grind shit. Go small if you’re tech and want to skate ledges and flip your board alot (48-54) Bigger for ramps and rougher ground. Hard for sliding on ledges and smooth ground, soft for rougher ground and speed.

1 Like

Heads up from the slam email, they are giving you a free set of hardcore bushings when you buy some bones wheels.

Bit the bullet and got some Thunder Lights from Nick at The Palomino. Solely because I’m a bit bored of Indys (I know, how?!?) and wanted to try something new/support an SOS.

3 Likes

You won’t go back.

2 Likes

Will take a bit to get used to but persevere. they are completely opposite ends of the truck market with balance. Your manuals will be all over the place but in theory should be more precise when you are used to them.

This will be interesting. I once saw @Spanky hold a nose manual for 1 minute, with his hands in his pockets.

1 Like

That’s why I mentioned it as I know he’s a manuel.

1 Like

I tried out someone else’s board and tbh they felt same as Indys to me, except way lighter. Even tried manuél roll and they were fine. Will report back anyhow.

I can 100% back this. Changed from inde to thunder and I couldn’t manual to save my life for about three weeks. Now that I’m used to it I’m much better at them than I ever was

Bizarre. Can someone with knowledge of truck geometries explain this?

Ha, haven’t got my diagram at hand.

2 Likes

Basically thunders axle is further over to the nose/tail, over the bolts making the tail/nose shorter and pivot point right on the start of the kicks. Indy’s axle is closer to the centre of the truck meaning the nose/tail are longer, leaving an ambiguous space of flat between the pivot point and the start of the kicks.

3 Likes

How frequently this comes up might be one of my favourite things in skating currently

Thanks, I’ll probably go for some F4s, 53mm, conical full. The ground is rough round here but I’m tempted by the 101a to help with slides.

Lemme know what you think. I always get F4 52mm classics

I know you were being sarcastic but I thought i’d explain for anyone else, ha.

1 Like