Equipment Thread

I actually wasn’t. I’ve never given it a second thought, and couldn’t be bothered to start.

2 Likes

Ha, fair enough man. It’s a pretty boring topic for normal folk, it’s just for OCD dickheads. Normal people can ride anything and get on with their lives.

1 Like

It bothers me that there are people who could just ride whatever and be happy with it. Weirdos

3 Likes

It would probably be better for me if I did think about it. Rather than thinking I suck, when riding new equipment, I really should be blaming my tools and feeling better about myself.

1 Like

Anyone can get good on anything, you just have to think what’s working and what’s not if you want to change up so you go the right way.

Anyone skated Waywards? Eyeing up a 56mm set on legacy, haven’t skated in near enough 3 months so I figured I’d treat myself to a new deck/wheels and start hitting my local up early whenever possible.

I’ve had an older set I got off a friend. The set I had were 101a and they were too hard for me unless it’s was smooth. Anything a little bit rough and they would just rattle the whole board.

I’ve got a set of 52’s on my board and found them fine for park skating.

The road outside my house is rough as hell so since lockdown I’ve gotten a set of Ricta Clouds (& a 9.75 board) so everything else is probably now ruined.

I swapped over to spitfire soft d’s can’t remember if there 92 or 97a they come in different harnesses. I’ve found them a happy medium

1 Like

yeah i’ve had a few sets, just nice normal wheels nothing special

cheers fella, will give em a shot. that £25 price point area of wheels is a fucking odd one, can get some great stuff that holds up well compared to pricier stuff (death/heroin wheels have always been good to me) and then there’s some absolutely shite ones (fast wheel co and oj “from concentrate” spring to mind).

iirc heroin/death are like bottom rung urethane. Get some Bones and have lovely white wheels and no flatspots

eh they’ve always been pretty good to me as general all rounders, had stfs/f4s in the past and they’re great for parks/street but there’s certain stuff they haven’t been too good for in my experience (indoor parks and diy quarters mostly, too slippy).

i will concede, F4s are an interesting experience on indoor wooden parks. are spf/stfs that much better all round though? surely only soft wheels are any good on waxy wood?

i’m going to get bones swiss and formula fours next time to see if it actually makes a difference

4 Likes

you’ll be tail sliding the whole block at buszy straight out the car :kissing_heart:

1 Like

polar 8.625 x 32.375, 14.375 wb
hollow forged 149s (cheers again blinky)
wayward 56mm 101a funnel cuts
mini logo bearings, jessup and maybe hardware.

hyped on the shape, gonna skate it for the first time tomorrow.

4 Likes

Looks like a nice big bowl setup

Set this up Monday night. Real 8.4 Harry Lintell colourway. Spitfire 52mm Classics (and old Indys in whatever width they are with Thunder replacement bushings). Apologies for the bad lighting of my kitchen floor at 11pm.

1 Like

Ooh matching deck and wheels :blush:

1 Like