Equipment Thread

Like if you had soft/cruiser wheels on is how I’d describe it.

1 Like

Glad you got round to making some…I’ve still not found my old ones and am hovering over the buy button on eBay for some, if you plan on making more though I’d be happy to pay.

2 Likes

I used exactly the same stuff or similar when I was about 17. My mum worked at the local biscuit factory and brought a load of conveyor webbing home for me to glue on my shoes and I made risers, pretty much the same as yours
Be careful though because the grooves kinda made the rubber squirm over the smooth surface and they worked loose or ovaled the deck holes

2 Likes

I’ll make them , All I ask is a couple of quid postage and a donation to the Raemers foundation.
I’m doing them in work time and getting the matting for free so I’m not gonna ask for cash .

That all good?

2 Likes

Yeah you can just crank the bolts down more , should sort that out .
I’m just testing these and was thinking about really tightening them down but tonight’s skate was really nice and smooth . I was on a warehouse floor but it felt smoother that my hard rubber ones.

Drop me a PM with your PayPal and I can get that sorted tomorrow, more than happy to donate to the foundation too :+1:

2 Likes

I’ve realised that even after 30 years I’ve only ever really paid attention to deck width and am not really sure to be honest what an average/long/short wheelbase is. That’s fine when you can stand on new boards in the shop but makes buying online a bit of a lottery. What’s a middle of the road wheelbase and come to think of it, nose and tail length?

1 Like

Medium is around 14.25”
Long is 14.75” -15”
A long wheelbase makes your board feel more stable/less twitchy at high speed. I’m not sure how that works at low speed/for street

As usual, Ben Degros has covered this in depth

Or, Paul Schmitt.

This basically answers every question about board size and shape.

3 Likes

Just quick post to thank @Chopper for the speedy delivery and fitting choice of surname to match my first name :ok_hand:

3 Likes

Help me put some money in the pocket of the little guy. I usually end up with top to toe DLX setups but this time I’m going to use parts from those tiny companies that need the business more rather than the obvious brands.

So, I’m thinking Film trucks after reading the interview with Jeremie. But without compromising on quality necessarily, what are your shouts for kosher small board and wheel companies?

Lovenskate & Science

Trouble is every time I get one they end up on my wall. Been a while since I bought one though.

1 Like

Have you ever ridden ventures? Film trucks are worse than those for turning .

+1 for Lovenskate.
Skate Cafe and World Peace.

Not sure about wheels.

Potato Wheels? Seen that about? Might be a shop company.

Had feather lights a million years ago but don’t recall the feel of them.

I go so slow that I usually come to a stop before I need to turn away from something, so there’s always that.

1 Like

Had the Cafe Korahn Dune board which was OK. And the Lovenskate Palestine board, also nice.

1 Like

+1 for potato wheels otherwise known as Shop Brand. About to order some myself.

1 Like

I got bored the other day and ordered some blank 52 n 54mm off Alibaba, welcome to a set for free to try out if you like, when they arrive so no doubt a few months :joy: (I make strange decisions when bored it seems)

1 Like