Equipment Thread

I can flip my board but I don’t. Way too strenuous lol.

I’m all about the flips! I have been 52-54 since moving up from 40s.
I have never been above 54 since wheels went small.

a toy machine refugee who flips his board, you are my long lost brother mate!

to be fair, the older i’ve gotten the slower i seem to be going. i did a tre flip the other day and somehow ended up going backwards off the landing

1 Like

I like them, seem to turn ok and grind well, the kingpin is low for clearance. Well made trucks I’d say for a decent price. Someone else said on here they didn’t like the turn though. Turn better than Krux and mini logo but maybe not as well as Thunder and Indy. Depends what you want really.

1 Like

Not a sentence I’ve written before but what colour are your bushings, @PolarJames ?

They’re red, got the trucks from Palomino I think but might get cheaper elsewhere.

Is it normal for your lower abdomen to hurt after trying kickflips or is it just because I’m trying to flip a 10" with 58mm wheels? Wierdly also find it easier than my other board (which I now want to up the deck size of)

I’ve got a pair already, great first roll about on them, suspect harder bushings might be in order in the not too distant though.

I still do but not that much. Skating flatground is cool during summer but fuck doing that when it’s cold as fuck outside. I’d rather do another pivot to fakie and roll away happy than possibly primo a flip trick any day between October and April.

56mm is undeniably the best size ‘street’ wheel

1 Like

Great, I thought I’d be happy with 53mm 101a forever, 5 minutes on here and I have urge to try larger size and different duro wheels. Typical!

2 Likes

Are any of the Bones bearings other than the Reds worth the extra money?

Someone wasn’t here for bearing week.
Heated discussions at length.

6 Likes

Thanks I’ll have a look. Any idea roughly where in t the 1400 posts it is?

June 2020.
Search for ceramic in this thread.

1 Like

Because of the bearing discussion I bought some reds super 6. My mate bought some bones big balls.

Both sets seem slightly quicker/roll further. The main reason for buying them was that apparently they last a lot longer (or forever). So far mine have lasted a few months and no dead bearings

2 Likes

Definitely rate the big ball bearings, wouldn’t buy anything else now and am on probably my fourth or fifth set.

Also really rate Orbs wheels which I’ve been skating for a while. Prefer them to Bones or Formula 4s.

On the ‘don’t rate it much’ tip - I am riding some Titanium Indies which seem to be exactly the same weight, alloy and geometry as Indy hollows…but with a titanium axle instead of a hollow steel one.

I guess they must be stronger or something but as I’m skating mainly curbs and mini ramps they’re utterly pointless given the price premium. I’m never gonna break a truck. Still great trucks obviously, but not worth £100 a set.

around here wayout :slight_smile:

i’m still skating this same set of wheels/bearings and they still feel fucking incredible and luckily none have popped so i haven’t had to scrap hugo

1 Like

Is this literally called Tom in tribute to that Penny mini ramp clip with the blue stripy half zip and blue beanie?

4 Likes

Description from the Magenta site:

MUTANT BLACK JACKET FROM THE GLORIOUS PENNY MINI RAMP LINE EXTRA KANGAROO POCKET 3M REFLECTIVE STRIPES WATER REPELLANT NYLON HALF ZIP CLOSURE PADDED NYLON LINING MADE IN EUROPE

1 Like