Equipment Thread

Where are you? Brexit must be a nightmare for you too and you don’t live here!

my new wider Fabric deck came today (8") and it’s better quality than the other ones (which were great quality anyway). doesn’t have “made in PRC” stamped on it anymore. has full dimensions printed on it which is nice. wonder where they’re getting pressed now

i ordered it from skatedeluxe.com

but because i live in St. Helena (a UK territory) i have to get everything from a plane or ship my deck had already arrived at the shipper but i was waiting on the plane to arrive. :sob:
i had a deck before then but it was a cheap Walmart board didn’t last a month so i was prepared and ordered early in the month

2 Likes

That is so cool! What’s it like there? Is there a skate scene? I’d love to find out some stuff about the island and its culture.

Also, did the island do anything special to mark Napoleon’s anniversary?

its alright. hot most days good views and stuff. im sure loads of people will be like “wow” and “amazing” cause its new to them. me im like meh.

the skate scene is… not too popular. theres me and 5 of my mates who often go.
theres a few more but they dont skate too often. theres no dedicated skate parks so we street skate alot. theres a tennis court a few guys put a few ramps, manual pads and rails on but im not advanced enough for any of that :joy:

3 Likes

That’s so cool. Perhaps just speaking for myself, but I’d love to see photos of any spots there. As you say, what’s exotic to one person is just mundane to the next, but to me it’s super interesting and just, frankly, somewhere I know hardly anything about.

Also, soon enough you’ll be advanced for rails, manny pads and whatnot. Skating has a funny learning curve where one day you’re learning to ollie and the next you’re trying to ollie down some stairs or over a gap or something. It’ll come to you dude! You’ll just suddenly feel comfortable and confident enough one day to take it to the next level and the one after…

sure i can get a couple of photos.

tried a few stair gaps. lacked confidence and commitment to the jump at first. but after a few attempts i got it. also did a board slide on the stairs later on. sounds good until i mention i tried a nose slide :joy: the landing was sloppy but i counted it. this was also at school so during holidays went i went to “revise”.

2 Likes

2014-12-16-IMG_4618custom-thumb

those are some of the best photos i could find
the 1st shows jamestown area where we go most often, usually on a sunday afternoon theres a bit more below the image where we skate theres a few obstacles we try get over put on some wax and try grind the low ledges, some gaps.

the second shows the fire station at ruperts we go there to skate if we going to the beach with non skater mates. the people at the station haven’t said we cant go there so we assume theres no problem. the curb is often the victim of our skating. theres also a parking area behind it where we go to.

11 Likes

Sour barney page boney m ripoff (biggest impulse buy of all time), 8.25 x 31.88 x 14.2 wb
Venture 5.8 stock bushings bones washer
Bones SPF P5 54mm 83b
Mini Logo bearings & jessup

2 Likes

Can anyone reccommend me a good ankle brace please? Broke my ankle bad last October and was discharged from physio months ago saying as long as I practice flips and stuff it’ll get better (it’s my flicking foot)- it’s been slowly getting there but a few slight tweaks have made it weak again and I reckon I might just get one for when I’m skating heavier stuff.

These are great, I’ve had it nigh on 20 years now
https://www.amazon.co.uk/McDavid-Lightweight-Ankle-Support-Spring/dp/B000UVVXPA/ref=sr_1_9?dchild=1&keywords=mcdavid+ankle&qid=1623261563&sr=8-9

If you don’t get this one make sure you get a lace up one - everything else will blow out or stretch.

IIRC I got a size small which is maore than big enough for my UK8s

2 Likes

Thanks for the recommendation pal will grab one of those for sure

1 year anniversary of me getting formula fours & bones swiss next month :heart_eyes:

might take them out for dinner to celebrate

11 Likes

was looking at trucks online

saw Tensor have magnesium trucks
thoughts?

I think magnesium helps lower blood pressure.

I don’t think having trucks made out if them would do much though. Just get some thunders.

2 Likes

I need new bearings… Are they worth it?

1 Like

lol

currently waiting on my indy titaniums to come in 2 weeks

Will they spark while slappying curbs?

I had a roll around on a pals alien workshop deck the other night and was quite impressed with it despite it flat shape which I usually dont like.

So I went a bit mental and bought a workshop twin-tail deck, which spurred me also pick up new bushings and bearings. Had to be done as it wouldn’t matter if the board was twin tail I’d know which truck was which, the stock indys have split and peeled.

I had Tensor magnesium. They grind well but won’t last as long as most trucks. The turn wasn’t great, may have improved now. They’re light but you don’t need really light trucks. Any decent trucks will do, Independent, Thunder, Venture…