Equipment Thread

worth mentioning, toy machine’s team decks (cheaper, price point decks) plummeted in quality a year or so ago. apparently this is quite common with pro decks being pressed in one woodshop and price point decks being pressed in some shitty chinese place. it’s not confined to tum yeto brands either

Fair point. And thinking about it I haven’t had a team deck in as long as I can remember!

i switched from toy machine to Fabric skateboards

funnily enough i’m still skating the team decks because clearly i never learn but these have been fine

major news, i’m switching from 7.75 to 8" (with a marginally longer wheelbase too). pray for me

1 Like

I didn’t realise they were still around, everyone quit didn’t they?

They did. Hasn’t stopped them from selling decks it seems

what about rocket?
was looking for a board for my brother and wanted something cheap
found a rocket pop art 7.5" for £30 ish
anyone tried rocket before?

because of the low price i was sceptical and bought a more expensive board with lots of good revews

They’re crap really. For another £20 you can get a Birdhouse complete which is pretty decent.

Edit: Just did some Googling and I may be a bit off…add another tenner to that price for a Birdhouse complete. Tricks completes are good too at around £55.

1 Like

I recently picked up a ‘Real’ prebuilt complete for my daughter. It was about £50ish on sale. I did the same for my son, again Real, but that was £40 about 5 years back.

I think most are from the same factory but they’re good enough for kids - they roll well, turn decent enough and feel ok pop-wise. Good choice for starting out and getting the basics down.

im getting this one for my brother

reviews are good. only bearings are said to be a problem but i can sort that out

i heard that birdhouse boards aren’t the best and there wasn’t any in his size

Ok don’t listen to me, buy that £90 Skate Deluxe board. Good bye.

2 Likes

Funny enough Ric had a Fabric board in, apparently old stock.

Mine was banging, really cool shape and a steep nose. May keep it as a filmer board like.

also checked my wheels yesterday

turns out all of them are coning
only a slight part of the contact patch isn’t touching anymore like 2 or 3mm
roughly the same as all of them

coning doesnt hurt performance too much?
they have to last for a few more days until my formula fours arrive

If you didnt notice before then its not affecting your performance, I wouldnt worry

2 Likes

i really like the shape on the Fabric decks. they’re definitely pressed in some remote Chinese shit hole but they’re lasting well. think i’m on my 4th one now

1 Like

thinking of getting a back up deck

how long should one deck last ?
i skate about a hour a day weekdays and 4 maybe 5 hours on the weekend
my current deck has been going since January February time

really up to you. i skate a similar amount and decks normally last about 2-3 months. if you get a new deck and notice a massive difference in pop then you probably left it a bit too long

depends how often you skate and also what you’re doing, someone skating flat or curbs will get a lot longer out of a deck than someone throwing themselves down shit. i normally skate 3 maybe 4 times a week, usually an all day affair and average about a deck a month. could probably keep skating them after a month but i end up just giving them away to people who need them.

From what I gather from your posts you’re quite new to skating? Obviously what you spend your money on is up to you but I probably wouldn’t bother changing decks until you start getting a razor tail or it starts to delam. It’s sounds like you are at the stage of learning flip tricks so your board is always going to look a bit bashed up during this period, so a bit pointless wanting a pristine looking set-up. As long as it remains functional I’d get the most use out of it as possible.

1 Like

yh i am quite new
getting a few flip tricks a day mostly fails :joy:
but where i live there is no skate shops so we have to order in everything from the uk so i figured a spare would be nice because the 1st deck i had broke and i had to wait a month or 2 for it to come

Where the hell did you order it from that it took 2 months?!?

Also where are you in the country so we can point you to a local skater owned shop?