Equipment Thread

Spray can over the top? Two runs, 30 seconds each time.

This would absolutely fuck with my ocd. I could never add weight to a board or put something over the fresh wood.

1 Like

Plus I feel the slide would be less than optimum. You want to remove paint not add it

1 Like

https://www.instagram.com/p/CQQsYoWF57K/?utm_medium=copy_link&fbclid=IwAR1a1Shk2bBaHHCPvn2KBPQElea4phDEbdTQnFdkogk7lElkjgTibiS4rJQ

any bristol based heads grabbing one of these and fancy posting me an 8.25 of the standard shape? :blush:

Picked up my 3rd twin tail today, this time it’s a Krooked Worrest. No symmetrical graphic though, the cheapskates, so it’ll be easy to accidentally decide one end is a tail or nose or whatever. Still have a Yardsale board gripped and good to go, so I’ll probably give that a try first.

I have the Krooked Worrest twin tail deck as well, love it. I think it wears down more evenly and it’s cool to just skate it either way.

Fools seldom differ!

Is that the grey Liburty slick?

Yep, that’s it. Shit graphic unfortunately. The Ishod one I got from yourself was dope though!

1 Like

Got this for sale, barely used if interested. I’ll stick a photo in the sale thread

Ishod Wair twin tail 8.5” deck
Jessup
RRP £65
Selling for £45
Used only as a cruiser 3-4 times

1 Like

With an 8.38 deck, which size Thunder truck would be best, 148 or 149 as it’s on the cusp between the two sizes? Wondering if 149’s would be overly wide

Personal preference but I’d go slightly narrower than the deck instead of wider. I think it flips better. That might just be in my imagination

1 Like

It DOES flip better, watch Professor Schmitt Nine Club for the full rundown

2 Likes

I haven’t successfully flipped my board in about 5 years, but thanks, that what I was thinking.

1 Like

Yeah I did but he does also talk about the opposite flipping better once in the air. Like the wider out wheels causing it to spin quicker

I’m sure slightly narrower would be better than slightly wider though. It’s something I aim for

right it’s been a year but i think it’s time for a new set of formula fours

Yeah but trucks to deck ratio is more important than size of deck.
A big board can flip great too it’ll just be harder work and spin slower.

If you want to do flip tricks you need your board to be wider than the trucks, none of this “I like to see the nuts/wheels when I look down”

I like to see my nuts when I look down.

Tell you what though, I’ve had it with my indy trucks axles slipping, I find myself having to tap them after every few grinds, it used to happen once in a while but now it’s beyond a fucking joke. Over 40 years making trucks and they cant engineer them so they don’t slip.

Can you do flip tricks well?