Equipment Thread

Just the shape. Just check they are formula four. They make conicals and classics in that formula. They do, do others like the HDs which are softer

Shape will change the surface area of the wheel. This potentially will change grip and the way the board feels but it could be really minor

To me it would change how they slide which would be pretty big. Both Andy Anderson and Corey Duffel were talking about how width/shape of wheel affects slidiness in the opposite way to how you would expect. Apparently more surface area means they slide better than thinner profile wheels

Classics if you want to be able to do a bit of everything including flip tricks, Conicals if you want to be very 2020s.

On transition:

Conicals: better for locking in smiths (but bones sidecuts better still)
Classics: better for coming out of feeble fakies

Reverts: can’t tell the difference.
Flips: better ask someone else.

1 Like

Only difference I’ve noticed is that huge soft wheels feel horrible for flip tricks. I feel like that’s why super tiny wheels were the rage for the tech 90s

I like flip tricks and have hard small wheels but then I’m just set in my ways

These new Bones Dragons wheels look good. They’re 93a but slide well apparently. Am thinking of ordering some when they start selling here as I skate quite a few crusty spots.
https://powell-peralta.com/skateboard-wheels/dragons

Sorry, that was’t supposed to be in reply to Chrin but it’s another option to stfs/f4s

Ohhhh I’d seen a Dan Corrigan thing about these. He rides for Powell so blatantly biased but was going on about how they’re soft but slide like a hard wheel

Yeah I saw that one. Also, Zach Doelling reviewed them today, he rides for Powell so arguably biased but from the powerslides he does on the 93s it seems like they do slide well. The 95s he also reviews are coming out next month I think.

2 Likes

Wow, really want to try these out now…

2 Likes

This is potentially revolutionary. They powerslid way better than the standards stf’s. Surely they would wear quicker?

2 Likes

We might have to buy wheels every 4 years instead of every 6 at this rate

6 Likes

New deck, Polar 8.625, really enjoying it.

1 Like

Another Polar 8.125 to replace my outgoing Polar 8.125. Been skating a lot recently.

Wasn’t keen on the wheel wells on the old deck, but I am running 54 classics and I bought the deck with a plan for Radials/conicals but that never happened. I found that if I landed off enough to catch wheelbite with the wells I was pitched pretty hard. I expect they’d work better with a wider, larger wheel.

I want to take this pair of trucks down to the axle.

5 Likes

Pontus’ Polar Plagiarism!

I had one of those Saiz boards, near Powell’s shit graphics peak. It was shit.

Always see things like this online -

CHEMS shared a post on Instagram: "Easy Kingpin Mod 👇
-Thunder 181s (10” Axle)
-Krux DLK Kingpin
Works with standard or “Team” Thunder Baseplates. No epoxy required. You can epoxy the nuts in place to make it easier to change bushings or do other...

The old inverted king pin. Nut at the bottom, allan key bolt at the top like grind king used to do

Is there some reason this isn’t the standard for the industry? Does the potential for wiggle in the base (the “flare” isn’t fixed in anymore) cause issues?

There was an Instagram post I saw recently where someone had replaced all their truck kingpins with krux ones and it looked amazing.

I just don’t get why it’s not the standard. Do these ones cost £0.01 more and therefore ruin their profits?

Fear change.

This is a good account for messing about with trucks. I dont think I’d go as far as grinding down some ventures to look like ace trucks though.