Equipment Thread

55’s have a 9 inch axle, so you’d get a bit of a hotrod effect on an 8.5. 44s have a 8.35 inch axle, so marginally thinner than the board - I prefer having a bit of board overhang than the other way round, personally.

That’s what I was thinking thanks :metal:t2:

1 Like

I always cheaped out on wheels but a full Spitfire convert now. Fuck me they’re miles better than owt else.

My lowest point was blank ebay wheels when I was a student, couldnt do full cab flips that were 90% skid with those shithouses on.

3 Likes

So Ace 44’s purchased now just to decide on wheels. Any offers anywhere on Spitfire F4’s? Peoples thoughts on Oj’s and bones?

Yeah I used to buy 3-4 sets of wheels/bearings a year till I invested in a set of Swiss and F4s

(disclaimer - I did used to skate a lot more but even then the difference is massive)

Got mine from Welcome. Most SOS should have them

First (quick) skate with those RipTide pivot cups instead of the stock Indy pivot cups, they seem to make a nice difference. Might get some more for my other setups.

1 Like

Went out for a skate earlier and got caught in an unexpected downpour. Everything soaked including my set up, box and rails.

I was going to retire my current board at the end of this weekend anyway, but given it got a thorough soaking I’ve just set up its replacement.

Wasn’t let down by the Skateboard Cafe at all and would skate another. Now onto a Polar Aaron Herrington which I’ve had for over a year(!). Both old and new are 8.125” with 14.25” wb.

6 Likes

ended up having to contact Ace about getting a replacement, both the front top bushing and pivot cup blew out within 2 weeks of skating. I know the first run of AF1’s had qc issues with bushings, pivots and baseplates so I’m thinking it was older stock that I got hence the issues.

Contacted Ace on Sunday, picked up a new set from Native today. Can’t lie not 100% keen on the baseplates but the plus side is they were from the spring release of AF1’s so I know they’re not an older set and hopefully have no more issues. Picked up a shop tee too, collab with DLX, Gonz graphics.

1 Like

Spray paint the baseplates black, deffo. Or the whole truck. Have always quite liked the look of all black trucks.

1 Like

Goth. (Character count)

3 Likes

@Spanky - you like the look of ALL black trucks? :thinking:

8 Likes

They look really comfy for mall grabbing. Definitely the most ergonomically friendly trucks.

Krepers rule.

Major tangent but that new Mall Grab track with Novelist and D Double E is a banger.

Sad for this crook mark to go but the time has come

(Pic taken before I put old wheels on a new setup but it’s an unnecessary expense right now when my year old F4s have life left in them)

8 Likes

good few months ago before I purchased my own set of Ace’s, there’s a kid who sometimes skates with us and I spotted he was running Ace’s so I asked for a go. Given everything I’d known/heard about Ace’s prior to this I expected to be hitting very deep carves etc, instead I got pitched to the floor as they were unfathomably the tightest set of trucks I’ve ever had the misfortune of touching. Bumped into him again and had to grab a picture of this:

4 Likes

I bet his tic-tac skills are incredible!

if you’re against turning so much, why ace? just save some money and run krux

Christ , I bet his ankles roll easily with those .

I know there have been some wheel discussions, but is there any real difference between Spitfire classics and conicals?
I pretty much just skate park and have a tendancy to flatspot most wheels i put on so i’m looking for a solid set. Any help would be appreciated!