Film Thread

I thought Nic Cage was great in Mandy. Is Pig worth watching then?

1 Like

Nic Cage is a fucking legend. Even if itā€™s shit Iā€™ll watch anything that heā€™s in. b-movie master.

1 Like

He definitely never just phones it in does he.

2 Likes

Yeah itā€™s a really good film and heā€™s brilliant in it - he hits absolutely the right tone for the film.

Iā€™m a big Cage fan. Iā€™m absolutely aware he has done some utter shite but Iā€™m fascinated by his approach to acting.

Red Rock West is also worth checking out, itā€™s a 90s/ modern take on a film noir thriller with Dennis Hopper, JT Walsh and Lara Flynn Boyle.

Joe was pretty good too.

I might go see Prisoners of the Ghostland next week. Thereā€™s not many actors that would have that and Pig out in the same monthā€¦

Color from space made me have a bit of a sweaty, had to go and splash water on my face. Might have been the burrito I had before though.

1 Like

Quite excited for Bond.

Same. Will probably watch it in the cinema then try and stream the many saints of newark

Taking the afternoon off. Going to see OG Dune at Prince Charles.

Stoked.

5 Likes

Donā€™t take your skateboard.

1 Like

but do take a travel pillow just incase

1 Like

Watched it last night, really enjoyed spotting the references & nods to the characters when older but shouldā€™ve been a mini series, not sure why it needed to be a cinema release

1 Like

Anyone see the green knight? Good reviews

Edit, then again

66IUwi5wd1U2qcmmmUVnrnNWuTlO_fot3__2_coFixF0WWxKRWJpaaJ

88% on rotten tomatoes.
I need to get round to it but the missus wonā€™t be having it.

Empire gave it 5 stars and Kermode said it was one of his films of the year. I havenā€™t seen it yet but can see why it might split opinion

That bad Yahoo movies review made me want to see it even more, looks amazing

No idea why but watched Gemini Man last night. Utterly Awful.

Would have liked to have seen more Frank Lucas in it plus the riots / army narrative wasnā€™t really explored in much detail - assume there may be sequels at some point?

I watched it via streaming a couple of weeks ago. Loved it and will go see again at the cinema.

I can see how it splits opinion though, itā€™s quite a trip and definitely fucks around with narrative, pacing and character development. It seems like the film has been written partly to subvert what weā€™d expect of a traditional heroic/chivalric tale. Sorta sets you up for one thing and then delivers another.

1 Like